Small Things

Small Things

You are doing something great with your life when you are doing all the small things with His great love.

403

I spent five weeks this summer serving the Lord in Pignon, Haiti. Before taking this leap of faith and stepping completely out of my comfort zone, I had never been on a mission trip of any kind. I had always wanted to but it just never happened. I have realized that apparently, it wasn't God's plan for me to go at that time, and that is okay. When the opportunity to go to Haiti presented itself to me, I immediately said yes. I never even gave it a second thought.

As the time to leave for Haiti grew closer, I began to second guess myself and God's plan for me. I didn't know the people I was going with, didn't know the language they spoke in Haiti and doubted how I could go five weeks away from my support system. Most of all, I thought there had to be someone better suited to be His hands and feet.

Going to Haiti, immersing myself in their culture, and helping those in need was honestly so life changing. I not only learned so many things about the people there but also so much about myself. I learned that God can, and wants to use ALL of us to be His hands and feet. I was able to grasp that being alone is okay and that you really aren't alone because God is always sitting there right next to you. I acquired the very important knowledge that I can change the world just by changing one person's world. I also experienced that I was truly living my best life because I was loving like Christ.

Probably the most important thing I learned is that you don't have to do something big like going to Haiti to do something great with your life. I believe that we can all do amazing things right where we are. We can make the choice everyday to do something to help someone else, make a person smile, change someone's world. These simple, little things done with His love, truly changes not only your life but the world.