13 Ways To Maximize Your Small Space, Thanks To Walmart
Life Stages

13 ways to maximize your small space, thanks to walmart

Decorating doesn't have to be expensive!

359
pexels

It seems that this time of year is full of redecorating. Whether you are trying to maximize your dorm room, moving into your first home or apartment, or doing the spring-turned-summer cleaning and reorganizing. And what is my GO-TO place for reorganizing and redecorating? Walmart. Growing up, Walmart had everything. Some people don't like the idea of shopping at Walmart for decorating due to their lesser quality goods. But here in the last couple years, they have really upped their game! Walmart has a ton of options for organization, really cute decorating ideas, amazing clothes, and more! And when you are in a crunch to organize and decorate on a budget, Walmart is definitely the place to go!

1. Be On Time In Style!

y'all... It's only $14.78 on Walmart.com!

ll-us-i5.wal.co

There is no better way to enter into adult hood than purchasing your first grown up clock! Keep track of time and decorate all in one! Never show up late for class or work again with an over sized clock!

2. Closet Storage

Only $60 on Walmart.com

ll-us-i5.wal.co

If you have a closet, but not enough room for a dresser or chest, closet organization will be your best friend! By freeing up room and floor space, while still keeping your clothes and shoes organized, a dual purpose closet organizer like this one will be your saving grace!

3. Get Oily!!

Only $23.72 plus the oil!

ll-us-i5.wal.co

Do you need a pick me up? Is it hard to fall asleep? Why not diffuse?

Can't sleep? Pop some lavender in there.

Allergy season? How about peppermint and eucalyptus?

A migraine? Peppermint and Basil help a ton!

Also, diffusers like this one are just so cute!

4. Hamper and laundry bag in one!

$12.78 on Walmart.com

ll-us-i5.wal.co

I mean come on... We all have a point in our lives where we need to have a laundry bag. We either have to cart our laundry home for mom to do on a Sunday afternoon, or to take to the laundry mat. Why buy both a laundry hamper and laundry bag when you can just buy one that's cute enough to leave out?

5. Two Words: Blackout Curtains

They're only $11.97 each!

ll-us-i5.wal.co

Do you have a east facing window? Does the sun come shining in your room in the early morning hours? Do you have a high power bill because your home won't stay cool? Two words: Blackout Curtains. They used to only come in ugly colors, but now, they're cute! Spruce your space up with some texture and color, while saving a few dollars on that power bill!

6. Matchy Matchy!

This set of 6 matching frames is only $9.50 on Walmart.com

ll-us-i5.wal.co

Nothing says grown up more than having matching picture frames. They add just enough similarity through the space to make it look planned and fully put together. They can be scattered around your home, showing memories though your space, or arranged into a gallery wall to break up your blank walls. (Soooo Joanna Gaines like.)

7. Organization CAN Be Pretty

This Mercury Glass look alike is only $15.53 on Walmart.com

ll-us-i5.wal.co

This is one of my favorite organization hacks! I love having my jewelry, keys, bobby pins, pocket change, and all other random things out and accessible. But I also don't want to look like a slob! So decorative bowls are a must! I have one for my random hair things, one for change and keys, and one for jewelry! Dig through every morning and dump when you get home. Plus, pretty bowls make me happy.

8. No Head Board, No Problem!

$16.99 for a headboard wannabe? Don't mind if I do!

ll-us-i5.wal.co

A bedroom isn't complete without a head board. But those are expensive. And if you are in student housing, you can't really drill into the bed that it comes with. So a tapestry is a great idea! Hang it with some command strips, and BOOM! Instant Head Board! And as an added bonus, no holes or permanent damage!

9. Single Serve Coffee

Instant Rollback! Now only $14.88 on Walmart.com

ll-us-i5.wal.co

Keurigs are great. They're amazing! You just have to toss in a K cup, press a button and BAM! Instant single serve coffee! But Keurigs are expensive and I'm on a budget. But this Black + Decker gives me all of the things I love about a Keurig at a third of the price. Let me say that again for the people in the back: A THIRD of the price! But this just might be even better... Because it has a washable, reusable filter. Meaning that you can either use pods or just pop some ground coffee of your choice in there. So it has the possibility of being WASTE FREE too! Better on your wallet and better on the environment? Sign me up!

10. Two Rooms In One

This 52x72 area rug is ONLY $29.99

i5.walmartimages.com

Especially if you're in a dorm, it's like there is no way to break up the room. Your living room is also your bedroom is also your office is also your kitchen. But a rug is a SUPER easy way to break up space into little bitty wall-less rooms! I love the rugs! You can add color to them, or go all "Fixer Upper" and make everything white and grey and natural wood. The possibilities are endless!

11. Lamps!

Make your room cozy with this lamp for $29.99

www.walmart.com

Florescent lighting is the devil. It's just evil. But it's cheap. So most dorms and student housing, or not-resort style apartments, often gravitate toward the fluorescent overhead lights. But they make your skin look bad, it's not relaxing or cozy, and it's just downright ugly. So keep those off and put some table lamps or floor lamps around! They give the room so much more love, life, and charm. (I never turn on an overhead light... unless I'm looking for something really hard.)

12. Let's move outside!

Sit in style with this Hammock Chair for only $18.99 at Walmart.com

i5.walmartimages.com

If you are lucky enough to have a small balcony, then you need to utilize that space too! Make yourself a cute little retreat, away from the stress of deadlines and homework. There will ALWAYS be studs in the ceiling of your balcony, find one and hang up your hammock! Now you can a cozy spot to enjoy your waste-free coffee in the mornings.

13. Mirror Mirror On The Wall

Each hexagon is only $5.58!

i5.walmartimages.com

If you're living in a small space and are getting claustrophobic, it's time to add mirrors! They open up the room, and make it appear larger! but why get one boring mirror when you can make your own, one-of-a-kind, geometric mirror! I loooove this honeycomb design!

Decorating doesn't have to be expensive! You should love the home you're in, big or little! Make the most of your space with little changes that have a huge impact! And where can you go for some affordable options? My FAV store, Walmart!