You Need To Be Listening To 'Sluts & Scholars'

Learn to talk smart and fuck smarter.

139
https://www.instagram.com/p/BdtKlO-jrlu/

Being the huge podcast fan that I am, I tend to go through them rather quickly. While on the search for a new podcast I stumbled upon one called Sluts & Scholars. I had to listen because with a name like that I HAD to see what it was and I was not disappointed.

As hosts Nicoletta and Simone put it, they help make your sex smarter and your smarts sexier. Their podcast plays host to countless amazing (as they say) slutty scholars ranging from high ranking public officials to actresses, to porn stars.

The issues and topics that are discussed never cease to surprise me and I promise you will never be bored. Nicoletta and Simone help create a safe atmosphere for their guests and listeners to be welcomed into a sex-positive, shame-free place.

Now, you might be asking yourself, is this podcast just going to be talking about sex for an hour? No, it is so much more than that. The hosts make sure that this is an educational atmosphere as well by helping explain things to their audience that they might be too afraid to Google for themselves.

The women of Sluts & Scholars help normalize the conversations around sex and bring it into a regular conversation instead of making sex a dirty word.

When I first found this, as someone who counts herself as a more traditional woman who 100% does not talk casually about sex, I was unsure about what I was going to find or get out of this.

I went in not totally expecting what to find and I fell in love. This podcast helped open and expand my narrow mind and helped changed how I viewed sex and how we talk about it. I also learned a little bit more about having true girl power through not only the hosts but their guests as well.

All of the guests that Nicoletta and Simone have are all strong and amazing women and you get to learn so much from each and every one of them because it seems as though no question is off limits. Each guest is so open to all of their questions and is all about helping educate and expanding the minds of the listeners.

In case their star-studded guest list isn't enough for you to think they are super credible, Nicoletta is a Marriage and Family Therapist Associate and a nearly certified Sexologist and Simone is going into law school to focus on reproductive health laws. These girls are smart, educated, and passionate about their field and it really shows in their works.

Sluts & Scholars has kept me company on so many road trips and has helped me learn so much about myself and has also helped open my eyes to the world around me. I have learned so much while listening to this show and I think that this podcast is a necessity for everyone.

While it is more geared towards women, it speaks to so many new levels and audiences. It touches tough topics like reproductive health, porn and the porn industry, LGBT issues, transgender people, and so much more. Sluts & Scholars has helped me learn more about the ever-changing world around me and did it in a way that I can understand since this is a podcast made by young women for young women.

Listen on Spotify or look online to find other places to listen. It's worth it.