9 Sloth Facts to Brighten Your Day!

9 Sloth Facts to Brighten Your Day!

Sloths have been very influential on the internet this past year, but how much do you really know about sloths?

687
9 Sloth Facts to Brighten Your Day!
Rainforest Alliance

�����Recently, the adorably slow creatures known as sloths have been taking the internet by storm with their sluggish movements and cute faces. Buzzfeed surprised one of their employees with a surprise visit from this phenomenal mammal, "Zootopia" has a DMV full of sloths, and even memes aren't safe from the cuteness!�� But how much do you� actually know about sloths? Here are nine facts so we can all appreciate what it means to be a sloth!

1. ��It takes an entire month for sloths to digest one leaf.

2. Cows and sloths have a lot in common! They both have stomachs with multiple chambers.

3. Sloths do almost everything upside-down, and their fur grows outwardly as a result.

4. Sloths risk their lives once every week to climb down to the ground and go to the bathroom.

5. Sloths move so little, algae grows on their backs.

��6. The species of a sloth depends on the number of claws they have on their front feet.

7. When confronted by another animal, sloths can defend themselves with their teeth, claws, and shrieking.

8. A sloth's favorite place to sleep in the fork of a tree, and comes down only to go to the bathroom or swim.

�9. ��Bradypus, or "sloth" in Greek, means "slow feet." Sloth move at such a speed so that they only move six to eight feet per minute.

Source: http://www.livescience.com/27612-sloths.html

Source: http://kids.nationalgeographic.com/

Source: http://www.slothville.com/what-is-a-sloth/#.V0p5d5...