If You Were Skinnier, He'd Probably Like You

Your physical appearance may attract him, but it will not keep him.

97
Flickr

If you were only skinnier, he'd probably like you.

There. I said it.

Man, it feels good to get that off my chest.

I hear this line from women all the time, and you know what? They're probably right.

You probably would catch his attention if you were skinny. He'd smile at you and may even take you out, but he wouldn't like you for your heart. He would like you because you're physically attractive to him.

Let me clarify before I go any further:

This is not me saying that thin women can only be liked for their bodies. This is not me against being skinny. Please, don't misunderstand me. This is not me being against being physically attracted to someone.

I am merely for saving a young woman who is starving herself to fit society's standard of "beautiful."

I am for saving a young woman from being heartbroken by the decisions she may make with the intention of "making" a guy like her.

I am for women realizing that the man God has for you will love you for you, not for the number on the tag inside your dress.

Hear me when I say this: Your physical appearance may attract him, but it will not keep him!

Your appearance will change. You may have children and gain weight. You may develop a medical condition and gain weight. What then?

Where will that man be if your looks begin to fade, if you begin to put on a few extra pounds? Will he be satisfied with you, or will he go out looking for someone new? Someone prettier. Thinner. Younger.

Where will he be if you are no longer physically "perfect?"

When we begin settling just for physical attraction, we set the stage for our own heartbreak. If there is nothing substantial about the relationship, there is no relationship!

It will take more than physical beauty to withstand the storms of life. It takes respect, honor and love. It takes a solid foundation built on Christ to make it through.

Ladies, it's true, If you were only skinnier, he'd probably like you. He'd notice you. But the man I speak of is not the kind of man you should want to attract.

Relationships built on lust and looks will not stand the test of time. They will eventually be destroyed.

I encourage anyone reading this to care of yourself. Eat healthy and stay active. However, I beg you not let your physical appearance control you.

I pray you don't step on the scale every day. I pray you don't starve yourself. I pray that you love and care for your body. I pray that you realize that a relationship built on looks will fall. I pray that you realize just how beautiful and worthy you are.

"I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well." Psalm 139:14.

This article was originally posted on Kimberly Roach's WordPress.