16 Things You Know Are True if You Go To Salisbury University.

Rule number one, you have to get a picture with Sammy.
200

We gulls know that Salisbury University has some very iconic things around its campus. From the perpetual downpour of rain to the late night walks to Cookout and to the school wide phenomenon that is Spring Olympics, it's quite the mash up of different events and traditions. But we wouldn't have it any other way, and I know that we all are longing for summer to end so we can get back to our home away from home.

1. If you're in-state, you see someone you know from high school every day.

2. Cookout at 2 a.m. on the weekends is the busiest place you'll ever witness.

You're gonna have to wait about an hour for that milkshake.

3. Always have an umbrella.

It feels like all of the rain in the world is just sent directly to SU.

4. Nanticoke is the hotel of dorm rooms.

And Severn is the worst.

5. Are you even a Salisbury student if you don't have a picture with Sammy?

Go Gulls!

6. The tunnel and Red Square floods every time it rains.

I'm bringing a pool floaty next year to see if I can float the entire tunnel.

7. Having a biker or a skateboarder fly past you in the tunnel is basically guaranteed to give you a heart attack.

I saw a unicyclist once.

8. You have SafeRide's number saved to your phone.

And you have to fight a crowd of drunk people to get your van.

9. You have about a four percent chance of booking a study room in the library.

And if you did book one, you have to kick people out of it to use it at your designated time.

10. There's a dude that walks around campus just singing and serenading people.

I sang along to Santeria with him in Cookout once.

11. Don't know where the party is? Just ask if it's New Zoo or Old Zoo.

12. The Spring Olympics is huge and it's basically a field day for adults.

I sadly lost the pie eating contest.

13. Hungry Minds always has at least a thirty minute wait, usually caused by a flood of girls ordering paninis.

I just want my damn burger.

14. The dining hall has the best chocolate milk and soft serve ice cream you'll ever have.

The freshman fifteen is purely from those.

15. Every event for SGA, Greek life, or club is held in Red Square.

And they will call you out on the microphone to get you to participate but it's usually where you get free tshirts and snacks.

16. You proudly call it home and miss it dearly when you're not there.