AP classes, or Advanced Placement, can mean many things for many people. Agonizing Pain, Anguish and Persistence, Awful Pain...the list goes on. Here are six ways you know that you have taken/are taking an AP class.
1. You have spent many hours reading pointless material just to forget it all tomorrow.
You know you will have no idea what you read at 8 AM tomorrow, but you're reading it anyways.
2. Or you've stared at your homework and cried. For Hours. Ugly. Crying.
No, I had no idea what I was doing. Yes, I realize I did them all wrong. No, I don't care.
3. You get a 65 on a test and it's like getting a 95.
A 65? In AP US History? Is it Christmas morning? How? Are you sure you graded this right?
4. You stay up til 3 finishing that chapter packet just to find out that you got an extention on it the next day.
[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F10%2F31%2F636134797506979019702600788_300_17508_lg.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=520&h=2dc976d5626815d06b7773d81fb41aef85e50719df42e11ae5af1472969099f6&size=980x&c=701319789 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F10%252F31%252F636134797506979019702600788_300_17508_lg.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D520%26h%3D2dc976d5626815d06b7773d81fb41aef85e50719df42e11ae5af1472969099f6%26size%3D980x%26c%3D701319789%22%7D" expand=1]
You...did...what?! I STAYED UP ALL NIGHT WORKING ON THIS AND IT ISN'T DUE UNTIL TOMORROW?! ARE YOU CRAZY? TAKE. IT. NOW.
5. You have no chance of passing the AP exam, but you didn't suffer through this class to not take the final.
"Two of the 35 people that took this class last year passed. But, it's ok, I don't expect you to pass. This is a very hard class."-Your Teacher.
Gee. Thanks for the encouragement.
6. As much sleep as you lost last year, and the tears shed, you are thankful for AP classes showing you that good grades aren't everything.
Sure, you didn't do as well as you planned, but you did your best. The only thing that matters is that you gave it your all. Now it's time to mentally prepare for the next AP class. :)