Six Reasons Why You Need a Prostate Massager

It’s easy to get the wrong idea when you read the words “prostate massager.” Next to skin cancer, prostate cancer is the most common form of cancer in men, so most men know what a prostate is.

8

.

It’s easy to get the wrong idea when you read the words “prostate massager.” Next to skin cancer, prostate cancer is the most common form of cancer in men, so most men know what a prostate is. Most men are also familiar with what a prostate does. It’s often where the prostate is located that gives many men pause.

But for anyone not already up to speed, it’s a walnut-sized gland just below the urinary bladder; the urethra passes through it. The prostate produces much of the fluid that makes up ejaculate. And yes, it’s located a couple of inches inside the rectum to the front. Because of that, the idea of a “prostate massage” evokes unpleasant associations with a “prostate exam” for many men.

Or at least it used to. Today, more men than ever are giving it a try outside of the doctor’s office, and for a variety of reasons. 62% of sales are going to straight men over 45, leading to an increase of 56% in sales of prostate massagers. And while a prostate massager does have therapeutic applications, that’s certainly not the only thing motivating these eager buyers.

The prostate is also affectionately known as the “P-spot,” often compared to the “G-spot” that’s so broadly known in female anatomy. And, like the G-spot, it’s full of nerves and can produce powerful sensations when stimulated. While this isn’t a secret, it seems that a lot more men today are embracing it… or at least giving it a try, for therapeutic reasons or otherwise. So let’s take a look at six reasons why you need a prostate massager.

1. Help With Erectile Dysfunction

While the evidence is admittedly sketchy, it seems to suggest that prostate massage can help with erectile dysfunction. Many doctors seem to be on board with this notion. The idea is that massaging, or “milking” if you like the slang version, increases blood flow. Erections rely on blood flow, so anything that makes the blood rush to that general area is thought to be helpful. Or maybe it helps with ED because it just feels so good!

2. Improved Urine Flow

There’s something particularly distressing about having a full bladder and finding that the relief you’re desperate for is reduced to a trickle. There are a few reasons why the prostate can be swollen (and we’ll get to those), but an inflamed prostate can squeeze off the urethra where it passes through. A prostate massager can help with decreasing inflammation, and let’s face it, any relief is an improvement at that point.

3. Reduce Painful Ejaculation

It’s uncomfortable to think of something as intensely pleasurable as ejaculation becoming something you dread. It’s a rare condition but can be caused by the malfunction of any one of the many bits that help make it happen. Infection, inflammation, and blockages are all possible suspects. Prostate massage can help with this, but consulting with a specialist is a wise course of action.

4. Helps Treat Prostatitis

Prostatitis is like a multiple-choice affliction… Burning during urination, weak urine stream, ejaculatory pain, and a generally not-great feeling in the perineum (aka “taint”) are all possible symptoms. Since prostatitis is a bacterial infection, antibiotics are the usual go-to. Some doctors have reported success with using prostate massage to alleviate symptoms, but this hasn’t been backed by studies yet.

5. Alleviates Symptoms of Enlarged Prostate

For men over 50, an enlarged prostate isn’t a matter of if it happens… it’s a matter of when. The good news is that it’s reversible and not something especially scary, like cancer. If you understand “enlarged” as “swollen,” then you already know that trouble urinating is to be expected, along with painful and frequent urination. Alpha-blockers are the primary treatment, while one small study supports prostate massage as helpful.

6. Helps With Mind-Blowing Orgasms

Remember how it’s compared to the female G-spot? The correlation is so strong that some refer to the prostate as the “male G-spot.” And let’s face it, most men are probably not rushing to get a prostate massager for therapeutic reasons alone. In plain talk, prostate massage feels good. Some lucky guys can orgasm from prostate stimulation alone, but many more will have to settle for merely extremely intense orgasms.

There is evidence to suggest that men who orgasm more frequently have a lowered risk of prostate cancer. So far, there are no studies to support the idea that prostate-induced orgasms differ from regular ones in that respect.

But who cares about that? Prostate massage feels so amazing that counting the number of times you orgasm in a week will be the least of your concerns. Odds are that once you try it, you’ll have plenty of incentive to keep doing it. Prostate health or not, we’re willing to be that you’ll keep on coming… back for more.