To The Sisterhood That Has Changed Me Forever

Home is wherever I am with you.

226
Personal Image
Emilee Day

As the reality of SENIOR YEAR begins to sink in, I can't help but give credit to the growth I've seen in myself to the organization that will forever hold a huge chunk of my heart.

If you would have told me four years ago that I would be in a sorority, and loving every minute of it, I would have laughed in your face.

"I'll never be a part of something like that", I would tell all of my closest friends in high school. Joining a sorority seemed to be what all of the girls who followed the crowd did, and I had never deemed myself as one of those people.

But, that crowd changed my life. Flipped it, reversed it.

Made my world 100% better.

Made me realize the potential I at one point never saw in myself.

So, Alpha Kappa, this one's for you.

You have given me the best friends I could ever ask for. From late night sonic rides to sisterhood retreats that never fail to make me cry, to the glory days of recruitment, I have found and created the godliest friendships.

I have strengthened friendships, created new ones, and began to appreciate the idea of a "community". I never find it strange to text one of my sisters out of the blue to get coffee, because I have found the people I am most comfortable with.

You have stretched me, pushed me outside of my comfort zone, and believed in me with every ounce of your being when I couldn't even believe in myself. You pushed me to run for Exec not only for our chapter but for other outside organizations as well.

You have equipped me with the tools that I need to be successful, and instilled in me a love for women's leadership.

You have sent me to leadership conferences, ones in which I was able to connect with individuals outside of my organization, and began to realize the true passion behind regular ole' sorority girls, just like me.

You have forced me to dig deeper into those redundant everyday conversations, to find passion in people, and to minister to them when they are hurting.

You have made me bright, vibrant, and resilient.

So, here's to the sorority that I will forever be bound to, with my whole heart.

Thank you for always being my constant.

LIOB,

Em Day.