If Your Sister Also Isn't Your Best Friend, What In The World Are You Doing?

"Isn't is great we get to be best friends for the rest of our lives?" - My little sister

285

Growing up my younger sister and I would fight basically more than we would breathe.

She was also bigger than me, stronger than me, and the baby in the family, so she could do no wrong. She'd beat me up, and still always get her way. It's quite amusing reflecting back on our childhoods, and how much we argued over pointless things. If I'm being honest I can't remember what a single one of those arguments were about.

My mother also shared with me the importance of being close to your sisters, as she has three sisters herself. Growing up they would also fight constantly, but now they are closer than ever. I love seeing how my Mom's face lights up, and her whole demeanor is even happier and goofier than before when she's around her sisters.

Having your sister as your best friend means:

Someone is there that has seen you through all your most cringe-worthy phases, and she appreciates your glow-up more than anyone.

She's your soulmate, and she'll know when the other one comes along.

You'll have someone to talk to at any hour day or night. AKA me crawling into my sister's bed and letting all my thoughts and feelings out.

Someone to impart your mediocre wisdom upon. You don't have all the answers, but maybe you can help her skip a few of the mistakes that you've made.

You'll always have someone who's way too honest with you.

And sometimes you need that. My sister has told me I look like a straight up monster before, and that's when I know I probably should be resting, and taking care of myself better.

She's always down to do midnight donut runs, no questions asked.

Not having to explain yourself to someone, she gets it.

Going to the ends of the earth for her— going full-on mama bear if anyone tries to hurt her, and she'll for the same for you.

And lastly having your sister as your best friend is great because she's stuck with you.

As my sister, Scarlet always says, "we're gonna be best friends for the rest of our lives, how cool is that?!". Some friends you may grow apart from, your sister and you will be growing alongside each other.

Love you and can't wait for the rest of our lives together little sis (scub).