How To Survive Being Single During The Cuddle Season

Lesson 101 on how to get through the holidays without a boo.

118
Paul Green/Unsplash

It's that time of the year again, folks! The air has a certain crisp to it, and the thermostats have flipped to the heat. Netflix and chill is in full effect, and the cuddling season has begun. Now, if you are a part of that group of woke individuals who have chosen the single life this year, this is the time of the year that can be considered the most difficult time to get through.

As the winds become chillier and the hot chocolate begins to go on sale, the only thing on the mind of everyone is finding that special someone to lay up with and find warmth and comfort in each other.

However, as the single and mighty, the only thing you have to look forward to is the new movies on Netflix and the Halloween candies going on sale. I am here to disprove that notion! This holiday season has much in store for the single ladies (and fellas).

Here are four simple tips on how to make it through this holiday season without a bae to share it with.

1. Spoil yourself

It's the time of giving! Without having that special boo, you have all the more funds to get yourself something that you have wanted all year. Reward yourself for being the perfect and independent individual you are.

2. Use this time to go bae-hunting

You are not alone in this single life during the chilly times. This is the perfect opportunity to meet new friends, or even find you a new boo.

3. More food for you

All that is involved during this time of the year is feasts. Enjoy that turkey leg and pumpkin pie! There's no one else who is going to if you don't, am I right?

4. Make this time around the holidays about you.

Everyone always wants to make their resolutions about how to get a man or find love. Make this year's resolution on ways to better yourself. This is the perfect opportunity when there are no distractions in the way.

The holidays aren't about finding love. The holidays are about enjoying the love you already have. Therefore, get fat and spoil yourself and if Mr. Prince Charming happens to tap you on the shoulder, remember that you are unbothered and can survive without him.