Singer Ricco Barrino Sits Down With WZFX Foxy 99 Host JC Live To Talk About His New Music.

13
Images by Kennedy

No longer recognized as Fantasia's Little Brother, singer Ricco Barrino has made an explosion on the music scene in 2016 with the Top 10 R&B/Hip-Hop smash hit song “California” with rapper Colonel Loud. He is making heads turn by being looked at as the Stephen Curry of the music game with hits on resume such as “Futuristic Love (Elroy)” with Yung L.A. and “Porn Star” with rapper T.I.

Ricco Barrino stops by Foxy 99 to talk to JC Live about his upcoming singles “Come to the Money” and “Vibe” features artist Tigo B. In this exclusive interview with JC Live he talks about coming out of his sister Fantasia’s shadow and about his upcoming EP “Ferrari Infidelity” dropping on August 30th.

JC Live: Did you expect the record “California” to blow up as big as it did?

Ricco: No because when I initially did the record I kind of just walked away from it. It was me, Young Dolph and Colonel Loud, we were all in studio vibing and I heard the beat. Colonel Loud manager came up to me said that I should jump on this joint. I went in the booth, closed the door and closed my eyes to vision what I would say about California. Drop the hook and the rest is history.

JC Live: For people who don’t know you have been doing this for a while. You have been in the music game for some years.

Ricco: Right, I still consider myself a new artist. I will feel like I have broken that when I have multiple hits and they are just my hits (only). Right now I have hits but it’s me as a featured artist not solo hits that I have myself. I feel like I am still new in the game because people will say I love your hit “California” and I say to them “I am glad but that not my song”. Before I did the song “futuristic love” with Young L.A and for a long time that I was behind the pen, just writing music. So now I am just starting to get my feet wet in this music game.

JC Live: Do people still put you under that umbrella with your sister?

Rico: Yes they do, it’s a gift and curse but I am learning to deal with it and people are now seeing me as an individual artist and not associate me with my sister Fantasia.

JC Live: What new music do you have coming out?

Ricco: New music coming out is singles “Come to the money” and “Vibe”. My tour starts in Fayetteville NC August 17th and then other cities from there

I am releasing my EP “Ferrari Infidelity“ on August 30th

JC Live: For the people coming up behind you what advice you have?

Ricco: Be patient, have faith and prefect your craft. I am the Stephen Curry in this music game so I cannot be good if I do not keep taking shots. That’s all you can do in this game.

JC Live: Well I appreciate you coming through on my podcast for this interview.

Ricco: Thank you it’s a honor to do this interview. Make sure everybody go out and get my EP “Ferrari Infidelity” on August 30th.