10 Underrated Self Care Tips For When You Need A Pick Me Up

Taking Care Of Yourself Is As Simple As Doing These 10 Self-Care Tips

Taking care of yourself doesn't have to be a hard thing.

115

There is no secret or complicated way to try and lift up your spirits. This is a list of a few underrated activities that will hopefully make you feel better or relaxed. For years people have given their two cents on things to do when you are feeling down. Now it is my turn to give you a few options on what you can do.

1. Tidy up your room.

Photo by Oliver Hale on Unsplash

Having a clean room or environment will make you feel comfortable with your surroundings. Plus, once it is all clean you will have this sense of accomplishment. Not only can it help you feel better, but it also gives you something to do.

2. Change your whole outfit-underwear, shoes, hair, the lot.

Photo by Lauren Fleischmann on Unsplash

People never think much about how an outfit can actually change your mood. If you don't feel comfortable or confident about what you are wearing, well trust me, you will be thinking about it all day. Changing things up can keep things interesting. It allows you to try and switch up your style if you want.

3. Take a crayon and a big sheet of paper. Then scribble as hard as you can all over the paper.

Photo by Hello I'm Nik on Unsplash

This might seem odd, but once you do it you will feel calmer. This allows you to be free of any pent up emotions. You are taking it out on the crayon and the paper. Plus it can be a work of art. So not only did it help you relax, but you also were being creative at the same time.

4. Go to the library and just walk around. Look at books.

Photo by Janko Ferlič on Unsplash

I love going to book stores and libraries. I don't go as much as I would like too, but I could spend forever in them. There are just so many interesting things out there that you can read. Libraries and book stores tend to be quite so it can be the perfect place to go and think, or to try and get some work done. In high school, a few friends and I would go to Barnes & Noble and sit down in the Starbucks they had inside and study for finals. This was a splendid place to just be with friends and finish schoolwork. Plus having Starbucks there made it ten times better.

5. Go to some of your favorite websites and look around. Make a wishlist.

Photo by Brooke Lark on Unsplash

I'm not saying to go out and buy things, but see if there is anything that you would want. This can motivate you to work hard in order for you to be able to pay for it and eventually buy it. Doing this can also give you ideas of something that you can make yourself instead of paying some outrageous amount for it.

6. Go to bed as early as you can bear.

Photo by Gregory Pappas on Unsplash

I am guilty of usually not going to bed at a reasonable time. To me, I feel like no matter how early I go to bed I am still going to be tired the next day. However, there are times when I wake up the next day and feel refreshed. The amount of sleep you have definitely affects your whole day.

7. Play some games with a few friends- would you rather, uno, cards against humanity.

Photo by Hannah Rodrigo on Unsplash

I consider this a form of self care because you are surrounding yourself with people who care about you. Playing simple games with a small group of friends is always fun and extremely simple. Anytime I think back to a time when I had a small group of friends and we played games, I look at it with a smile.

8. If you have siblings go and talk to them. Go and see what they are up to.

Photo by Annie Spratt on Unsplash

I have four older siblings and I am guilty of not talking to them as much as I probably should. You would be surprised with what can happen and what you learn when you talk to your siblings. Talking to your siblings can have multiple outcomes. The hope is that you can grow closer to them if you aren't already.

9. Sit down an study. After that, see how you feel.

Photo by Green Chameleon on Unsplash

I strive to get my homework done as soon as possible. I like the feeling of being prepared for things as well as having the relieving feeling of when something is finished. Simply taking the action to study can take away the feeling of stress. Studying also gives you something to do.

10. Open up a window and sit next to it. Maybe even play some of your favorite music or read a book.

Photo by Natalia Figueredo on Unsplash

Simply feeling the breeze or the warmth of the sun on your skin can be calming. It is proven that the sun can improve your mood. Whenever I do this I like to people watch. People can be so funny.