New Year, New You?

New Year, New You?

New Year's resolutions are here. Can you handle these?

4
New Year, New You?

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people just exist." -Oscar Wilde

With the New Year right around the corner, everyone is getting ready. It's time for all those great conversation and party games that involve what everyone's resolution is. Got yours? Great! What is it? Join the gym and start dieting? Maybe it's to get organized. What about stopping a bad habit like cursing or drinking soda? There a so many different ways you could go. You can be as broad or specific as you'd like. But I'd like to change you to just TWO resolutions (and actually stick to these!)

BE NICE

Simple, right? You would think so. But, how many people do you pass on a daily basis that don't smile when they pass you? How many don't say "thank you" when you hold the door for them? How many people do you see being just plan out rude to another person? Being nice is really easy. You're taught it as a child so it's not something you have to learn. Make it a habit to start smiling at people. Hold doors and say "thank you." Try to use "ma'am" and "sir." Help an elderly with the grocery bags. Make cookies for your neighbor. It can be the smallest of acts. But that act will make an impact on someone and can start a chain reaction.

BE FEARLESS

We all think we're fearless. No one is scared of anything (that they'd willingly admit). But I'm not telling you to go out and wrestle an alligator or pet a snake. I don't want you to go do some stupid, dare-devil trick. I'm telling you to go ask out that girl you've been starring at across the room. Say yes to the date with a boy who's not your type. Give your boss your two weeks and go follow your dreams. Say yes more and no less. Do what you want to do without fear. Go and live a full life of love, wonder, and adventure.

Two fairly simple resolutions and yet so inspiring. You were born to be great. You were destined to do so much more then just live. Go do bigger and better things. Live out your dreams and chase your wildest whims. Help others along the way. Live a life of purpose and 2017 will be your best year yet.