Simple Acts of Kindness Might Make Someone's Bad Day A Little Better

You may never know the impact you made, but a little effort goes a long way.

76
Letter
@yogabypooneh

Last week, I had such a stressful week. I had piles of assignments, lessons, tests and papers. By the time mid-week rolled around, I was utterly exhausted.

My anxiety was beginning to skyrocket.

To put it in simple terms, I felt burned out.

My strongest efforts felt like they were being crushed beneath my feet. Frustration, anxiety, worry and fear began to seep inside me. What could possibly make my week any better? Small acts of kindness can.

On Thursday, I started my day off early and arrived at Springfield Elementary, the school that I am doing part of my student teaching in.

Each Thursday, I get to spend the day with a class of kindergarteners doing what I love. This Thursday, however, was different. I walked into my class with my heels dragging, ready for the day to end. I was pleasantly surprised.

One of my teachers had written a note that seemed to encourage and lift my spirits. This small act of kindness changed my entire outlook for the day.

I walked into school faking a smile, hiding a few hours of sleep behind my makeup, and I left school that day smiling ear to ear and encouraged just because of a simple little note. It does not have to be much, but a simple act of kindness can really make someone's day.

The teacher who wrote my note may not have known that she made my week. It is the small things in life. Like simple, encouraging notes.

So, I encourage you to make a small act of kindness in someone's life. You may never know the effect it can have.