I'm James, and I am a Simaholic

I'm James, and I am a Simaholic

The Sims lets me be super creative and lets me do whatever my heart desires.

10
Neurogadget

When it comes to video games, I'm really picky. So when I came across The Sims back in 2002, I finally found the game that I was looking for, and it was for a very long time.

I was never a big role player when it came to video games. Like Minecraft or World of Warcraft. Those games aren't for me. People have suggested I should play Skyrim, but, I never really could get into it. It was too much of linear gameplay for me.

I was, and still really am into tycoon games. This can be anything such as roller coaster tycoon, zoo tycoon, restaurant empire, and so many others. I loved creating my own park's fast food joints and zoos to my liking. It was the freedom to do what my very heart desired that got me to fall in love with these games.

Then came my first sim title: SimCity 3000

This game changed my life. SimCity gave me, even more, freedom than I ever thought was imaginable. The city of my dreams was at my fingertips. I could make super tall skyscrapers or little country towns. It was the perfect game for me.

On the SimCity 3000 disk came a preview for a new game that was coming out. The Sims. I remember watching the trailer and being perplexed at what that game was. I was only 8 years old at the time, so I really didn't know what to make of it.

Then, during Christmas of 2002, I got the Sims Deluxe edition, which was the Sims game, plus two packs. I didn't want the game, but I guess Santa knew I'd like it.

He was right.

I was hooked. From my first family, I created, which I can still remember their name (The Opals). Ever since making that family, I had been hooked. But that game was just the beginning

The Sims 2 was released in 2004. That's when all hell broke loose. That was the year I became a Sims Addict.

I can remember Easter of 2007. The seasons Expansion Pack came out. I missed easter dinner, just so I could play with the new pack. The season's pack was so amazing at the time, that I had no choice but to play it. Much to my happiness, my parents let me skip it, but just that one time.

Ever since I was hooked. The Sims is MY game. The Sims lets me be super creative and lets me do whatever my heart desires. There are no limits to the game. The game is a pure sandbox. If I want to make an evil sim and send him out into the world and have him cause trouble, I can do that. If I want to make a nice 4 person family and move them into a nice two story house, I can do that too. My imagination can run wild in the game

I think that's why I love the game so much. The game is just a break from the monotony called life. It allows me to "let my sim freak fly!" and be whatever I want to be!!!