11 Signs You're From A Small Town

11 Signs You're From A Small Town

Can you find us on the map?
9

Growing up, I was always happy to be where I lived. I wasn't too far from in town, I had neighbors but not a ton, and I could enjoy the peace and quiet of the countryside. I never had wished to live anywhere else and as I grew up, I gained more appreciation for my home and where it was. You never really fully appreciate where you live or come from until you have to actually leave it; something I've realized after recently embarking on my next chapter of my life. As you leave, you can see the special things that makes your home, well home. You hear from other people what it was like where they grew up and how different it was from where you lived, or similar. I didn't find too many people with similar situations as me, that being growing up in a small town. The following are signs that you too, grew up in a small town, some evident more than others.

1. Everyone knows everyone.

2. It's only a hop, skip, and a jump to your good friend's house.

3. Everything closes very early.

4. Everyone knows whats going on in town.

5. Going in to town is a trip in itself.

7. You can be in your yard however you please.

8. Getting dressed up to go anywhere is unnecessary.

9. You don't have to worry about getting pulled over unless a state trooper is in town.

10. Your town isn't on a map.

11. People have never heard of where you live.