Signs You Might Be An Outgoing Introvert

I like to talk...but I like to be alone.

9

Outgoing and introvert are two words you think would not go together. These types of people are unpredictable and it shows in their actions. Personally, I am an outgoing introvert and I think it is the best of both worlds. Although they are talkative and engaging, they do enjoy their alone time and time to deep think.

1. You probably are in a field for outgoing people.

You love to communicate with others, through being a teacher, coach, author, public speaker, ect. People think because of this you are an extrovert. But, in your social life, the only company you really need is a loving animal and you are content.

2. Your mind won't shut up.

There is a correlation between deep thinkers (introverts) and insomnia. Your brain is spinning constantly, and you never actually relax. You are in constant think mode.

3. You are never complete with yourself.

Sounds like an odd phrase. Although everyone wants to better themselves and find the best them, outgoing introverts never actually find theirs. Once they reach the goal of who they want to be, they then set a new goal, and another, and another. 4. You have a lot of friends but social settings aren't your thing.

4. You choose alone time, most of the time.

I'm not sure how much this will radiate with the college folk, but hear me out. Personally I have a lot of friends and I love spending time with them. But, when it comes to those situations where you are surrounded by people you know of or recognize but don't actually know, it just turns you off. I spend a lot of my weekends in bed with a beer and a book, and I am perfectly happy with that.

5. You can't be stuck, anywhere.

Whether this be school or your hometown or a party, you are constantly on the search to go. It's comforting having the option to leave whenever you want, so being in a situation where you can't is frightening.

6. You are constantly questioning.

This can either be from your awareness or just back to your racing mind, but, questions form constantly and you just blurt them out. I overquestion situations, which I think makes my peers/professors/friends mad, but oh well. Give me all the knowledge!

7. You're outgoing, but not the center of attention.

People look at you as the witty person of the group, someone who will crack a joke or inappropriate comment to lighten any room. But, you prefer to stay out of the limelight. We just enjoy dancing in a dark corner by ourselves from time to time, unless tequila is involved, then who knows what we are anymore.

8. Unlike introverts, you aren't constantly on your phone.

We can be engaging and not awkward, but if we are about to pass by someone we know and aren't feeling chatty we will act like were texting or anything. But I'm sure plenty of people are guilty of this. We pick and choose when and why we use our phones, I'm guilty of denying a call from my mom and my best friend just because, and other times I'll talk to them for an hour. It is a hit or miss situation.

9. They pick and choose social events.

If it's your bff's birthday, hell yeah you will be down with any festivity. But, if its a group of people on a random Friday night and it's snowing and cold, ehh we'll just pass.

10. It's hard for you to adapt.

Most people only see one side of you, outgoing or introvert. They understand what is demanded of them in these situations, but turning on and off our "extrovert" behavior is not an easy thing.