Signs you're definitely a Nova freshman

14 Signs It's Your First Week At Villanova University

Ignite change, baby. Go cats.

411

It's that time of year again: back to school. And if you made the right choice, then you're on the best campus in the whole world--that's right, Villanova (I might be biased). From the blessed lands of Holy Grounds to the brand new #churchviews from the bridge, we Wildcats love our school. As an upperclassmen, we've gotten accustomed to certain unstated rules. If you're brand new, it's pretty easy to spot ya. Don't get me wrong, we're happy you're here. But we're still gonna make fun of you.

Here's a list of 14 signs that you're a Villanova newbie.

1. You wear your Wildcard around your neck.

Listen, I've been there. It's convenient, you won't lose it, yada yada yada. Just stick it on the back of your phone like of the rest of us.

2. You actually wait in that ridiculous line at Belle Air.

Fresh out of orientation, you haven't figured out the best places to eat on campus yet. Conn is great and all, but not when the line reaches the tables outside Freshens. Live Love Café Nova.

3. "Can I use an MPE?"

It's a MEAL, people. Sheesh.

4. You buy/rent everything from The Bookstore.

Amazon rentals are a lifesaver. Give your bank account a break.

5. You get winded by the second floor of Tolentine

WEAK. Just wait until you have a class on the 4th floor, kids. You'll learn.

6. You actually leave the door to your dorm room open to meet your neighbors.

Hey listen, this one is nice. I just don't do it.

7. "Is this event ACS approved?"

You'll be super on top of that first one. Try to stay that way--don't wait til the last week to cram in your last 2.

8. You don't know what the hell "West Campus" is.

"I have theology in...St. Mary's?"

It's a mysterious place full of random classroom assignments, Music Activities, and assorted ghosts.

9. You hit up the gym EVERY. DAY.

If only that motivation would last the semester.

10. You're too afraid to go up to the 3rd floor of Falvey, let alone the 4th.

Noise is nOT PERMITTED.

Finals week will really change a person.

11. The sandwich line in the Spit/Pit intimidates you.

SO worth it.

12. You find yourself humming Baby Shark over and over and over again.

A classic Orientation jam.

13. You spend an absurd amount of time looking out for Jay Wright/any member of the basketball team.

Tbh I still do this.

14. It doesn't quite feel like home yet...

..but trust me, it will soon!