Signs You Were Meant to Be An Elementary Education Major

How to tell that you are cut out for teaching.

1017

While some students go off to college and not know what they want to do with their life, some automatically know their plan and what major to get them there. For me and many others, I found my happiness with subject matter in helping others, just like people helped me as I grew up. Knowing this, I chose to be an Elementary Education/Child Development major. This major was right for me and after my first year, I noticed a few things that I and many other Elementary Education majors do. After being in this major, or just observing us students in it, you may begin to see some similar things occurring. The following are signs that you are cut out to teach little kids and be in this major.

You get so excited when you see kids.

The kids you meet are the best part of being an Elementary Education major. You love making them smile and being a life changing person in their life. No matter what silly comments they say or the crazy things they do, you love being with them.

You have a Pinterest board full of ideas for your classroom.

You have already have a layout for your first classroom. From decorations to lesson plans, you have planned out the way you want to run your class and how it should look.

You love arts and crafts.

Making new creations with paint, glitter, markers and crayons brings you so much joy. Seeing what little kids make and helping them with their new masterpieces is so fun for you.

School supply shopping is your favorite time of year.

Buying new notebooks, folders, dividers, and accessories for school feels like Christmas morning. You can’t wait to finally get that teacher’s discount at Staples.

You love the idea of having summers off.

Having your summers off gives you time to go to the beach and relax. Getting a tan and going on vacations is a highlight of being a teacher.

Making lesson plans is one of your favorite things to do.

Coming up with new creative lesson plans for your students is a joy. Whether you find an idea online or come up with it yourself, it brings your heart joy to find a cute idea that teaches your students important new lessons.

Correcting and editing papers is a hobby.

You love putting a red pen to paper and editing student’s work. Giving constructive feedback is one of your favorite things to do and it benefits your students.

You couldn’t think of a better job for yourself.

No matter how much you have thought about that other major or the money you will earn, you could not imagine yourself in any other major. This is what you know you want to be doing for the rest of your life and you would not give up teaching for anything.