28 Signs You’re A Professional Procrastinator, As Told By 'The Office'

You know it's something you're guilty of.

451

Co-written by Safa Ghaya, Jasmine Hsieh, Henry Gallagher, Alina Baiju and Annie Lin

1. When you know you’re procrastinating, but you still don’t want to do any work

2. You constantly tell yourself that you have enough time to finish your work until you eventually believe it.

3. When procrastination becomes a lifestyle

And you mentally prepare to start the assignment on the last day.

4. You turn the assignment in late.

But you're still proud of yourself and decide to take a nap to procrastinate more.

5. When you check the time and it’s 10 p.m., but you know you still have enough time to get your 11:59 p.m. assignment in by then

6. When you go out with friends, knowing you have several tests the next day

The Office

7. When you sleep for three hours each day because you procrastinated on all of your assignments due that week

The Office

8. When you find your room/workspace dirty

And decide to spend three hours cleaning it, even though your mind tells you “NO!”

The Office

9. When you talk to your friends about how much you procrastinate while you’re procrastinating

The Office

10. But you still judge them when they procrastinate

11. When you promise yourself that you’ll start the assignment at 8:30

But it’s 8:36 now so you start working on it at 9.

12. You spend more time making a to-do list than actually completing the tasks on it.

13. Coffee is your best friend.

14. You feel a burst of panic when your friends ask you if you’re done with a project.

15. You feel relieved when you realize that your friend hasn’t started the assignment either.

16. You do less than ten minutes of work, and then convince yourself you can’t work anymore.

17. When you binge-watch more episodes of your favorite TV show than the number of tests you have tomorrow

18. When you spend more time being stressed out than actually being productive

19. When your friend texts you at 1 a.m. to ask about the last problem on the homework, but you haven’t even started.

20. You’ve said these phrases more times than you’re willing to admit: “What homework?” and "That's due tomorrow?!"

21. You calculate the hours of sleep you’ll get if you stay awake and cram for another hour.

22. When you promised yourself you’ll start studying at 6

But it’s already 11:30 so you just give up and sleep, deciding to take an L instead.

23. When your friend texts you a question about the homework assignment at 5 p.m.

But you can’t respond until 1 a.m. when you finally start looking over it.

24. When you reward yourself with a five-minute break that ends up lasting five hours

25. You plan to finish all your assignments in a timely manner

But throw this plan away after the first 30 minutes of "productivity."

26. You have a mental breakdown at 4 a.m. and promise your poor body that you will never procrastinate again.

27. You procrastinate on keeping that promise.