Let’s be real for a minute. Everyone has Instagram. Everyone loves Instagram. Everyone knows how to use Instagram, and the only purpose of taking pictures is so that you may Instagram them and show everyone how much better your life is from theirs. Would you call yourself an addict? Probably not. It’s not like it consumes your life. Or maybe it does… but still! Maybe you should re-think some priorities if the following sounds like you.
1. You are always taking pictures of your food so you can Instagram it later.
People used to tell you that taking pictures of your food for Instagram is stupid. However, your response is that you are just doing the world a favor by creating a work of art.
2. You believe Instagram is the the greatest thing to ever happen to the world.
End of story.
3. You have started posting pictures without really thinking about it.
It’s so hard not to when posting one, two, or three pictures a day just comes so natural to you.
4. You went through a phase where you believed your life without a filter was fine.
Then realized you were so wrong.
It’s okay, we have all been there.
5. You are always checking your significant other’s Instagram to see which photos they like of other people who aren’t you.
Not that you are a stalker girlfriend/boyfriend or anything, but sometimes they think they can get away with liking some other hot girl or boy’s photo without you finding out... NOT TODAY!
6. Your worst nightmare would be losing your phone, because then you can’t Instagram anything.
Losing your phone or having something happen to it is a terrible thing to think about in the first place. However, if you can’t Instagram about losing/destroying your phone, then how is anyone supposed to know about it?
7. You believe that your best angle is always shown on Instagram.
Who would ever post a bad picture of themselves on Instagram? The answer: NOBODY!
8. You use Instagram to like your crush’s photo as a secret form of communication, hoping they will know that it means you like them.
Talking to them face to face, calling them, or even texting them is just too forward these days. Plus, everyone is a mind reader, right? So how would they not know that liking every single photo of theirs on Instagram is their way of saying “HEY! Ask me out already!”
9. You love posting sentimental stuff on your Instagram.
Yes, you love the humor, the cute pics of you and your BFF, and the food pictures, but your favorite posts on Instagram are when you come up with the most bomb sentimental and serious caption to go with that picture! When everyone comments how great this post was it just makes your day a million times better.
10. You would argue that Instagramming is the greatest thing to do, no matter what anyone says.
We disagree with you, Michelle Obama. You clearly aren’t using Instagram correctly.