15 Signs The Person You're Dating May Actually Be Dangerous

If you hope something goes wrong in the relationship so they can break up with you first, you're in danger - end of story.

58414

Coming from someone who lived in fear for a whole year in a past relationship, I wish I had these signs mapped out for me to go off of when I was in it myself.

In my experience, the minute I realized I was in a dangerous relationship was when I hoped and prayed for something to go wrong so my ex would leave me first so he wouldn't get mad at me. Thinking that way messed me up for a long time, and I realized there's more to life than living in fear of someone who is supposed to love you. Here are 15 signs that point to a dangerous and abusive relationship.

If you feel like you're in danger, call 9-1-1 or 1-800-799-SAFE (if not urgent), you can also chat with someone live, here.

1. If you have to walk on eggshells around them.

2. If you make excuses for their abusive behavior.

3. If you're terrified of their anger outbursts.

4. If you pray for other things to go wrong so you can get out of the relationship.

5. If you don't feel safe voicing your opinions.

6. If you cover up their personality to others.

7. If you blame yourself for problems in order to avoid conflict.

8. If you feel scared to tell them how you feel.

9. If you're not able to be yourself.

10. If you feel like there's no way out.

11. If you start lashing out at others because of them.

12. If you lose friendships and other relationships.

13. If you sabotage yourself.

14. If you look forward to even small amounts of time alone.

15. If you're too scared to ask for help.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.