Signs You're An Angsty Teenager Trapped In An Adult's Body

Some things never change.
1430

You know how we like to laugh about angsty teenagers? They're so moody and quiet, and they follow strange fashion trends. They swear they know exactly what they're doing and we just "don't understand." We may laugh at those teenagers. But do you ever wonder if you're an angsty teenager trapped inside of an adult's body? Some of us still secretly going through our black-eyeliner-on-the-waterline stage and here is solid proof.

1. You find yourself saying, "It's not just a phase!"

When you tell your mom that you never plan on getting married and having kids, and she replies that one day you'll change your mind, and you're first response is, "It's not just a phase!" It's like a blast from the past.

2. You love dark-colored anything.

You're wardrobe is decked in various black garments, and your go-to going-out makeup is smoky and edgy. "Black like my soul," you say, which is totally something 12-year-old you would have said while you applied a lot of black eyeliner to your low eyelid.

3. Your texting is grammatically incorrect (on purpose).

Remember when we used to talk on AIM and instead of typing like a normal human being, we'd rAndOmlY caPitalIZe letters? Or just adddd a lotttt of letterrrrs to our words? Well now, we just don't use any punctation at all, and sometimes use some flourishes to add ~emphasis~.

4. You are very trendy.

When we were 12, wearing an unnecessary amount of tank tops at once and tying our t-shirts with a hair tie was cool. Now we rock our chokers, our booties and our bodysuits.

5. You fight against societal norms.

You tell yourself that it's okay to not do so well on your finals, because college degrees are just constructs invented by society and they don't really matter to be ultimately successful. Right? Right?!?

6. You joke about hating people often.

What starts as a light, occasional joke eventually turns into a lifestyle. A boy doesn't hold the door open for you, and "I hate boys" slips out of your mouth. A girl cuts you in line for the bathroom, and you're ready to fight her. You make a lot of "jokes" about liking your pets better than most people, but really, are they jokes?

7. You also joke about hating yourself often.

"I hate myself" comes out of your mouth at least 30 times a day. You may not mean it like it you did when you were 16, but sometimes you just get so exasperated with yourself, whether it's because you made a corny joke or a very poor decision.

8. You hate talking on the phone.

Remember when you were 15 and your mom made you call the dentist by yourself or talk to a distant relative you didn't know that well, and you wanted to die? Or when you'd purposely ignore calls because you hated talking on the phone? Or -- wait, was this when you were 15 or was this last week?

9. You hate having a crush on someone.

You'd think by the time you were in your 20s, having a "crush" meant going on dates and having sophisticated conversations, but honestly, it's a lot like the old days of waiting for them to text or Snapchat you back and hoping you look good when you run into them around campus. The whole thing is still very angsty and exhausting.

10. You have wanderlust.

You want to travel the world! You want to get out of this two-star town! You were made to see every amazing thing this world has to offer! You are just too restless to stay in one place for too long!

11. You love being overdramatic.

Whether you're being overly excited, overly angry or overly upset, you love to live a lifestyle full of loves of passion and drama. Everything is the biggest deal in the world, including yourself.