12 Signs You're An Alpha Xi Delta

12 Signs You're An Alpha Xi Delta

"Alpha Xi, I'm so proud to be with you."

5813
12 Signs You're An Alpha Xi Delta
Kaitlyn Yow

My life has significantly changed for the better since Alpha Xi was placed in my life. There is truly nothing better than being surrounded by sisters that share the same values and hobbies as you do. The best part is that the variety of Alpha Xi's in every chapter is what makes us unique. No sister is the same, but we all have passion and qualities that bond us. Here are 12 signs that mean you're definitely an Alpha Xi Delta.

1. You bleed double blue and gold, and wear it proudly.

As an Alpha Xi Delta, you most likely already love its colors, and now that you know the meaning behind it, it makes you want to wear it that much more. Plus, blue and gold look good on most everyone, so that's a plus.

2. You will take advantage of any scenery in order to take a good "throw what you know" picture in front of it.

A pretty mountain? A sunny beach? A good place for a romantic Instagram? Nah, an even better place to throw up our sign.

3. You cringe when you see "AZD" anywhere in writing.

This is seriously the most annoying thing ever to you. We are Alpha Xi Delta, not freaking Alpha Zeta Delta. This is way more annoying especially coming from fellow Greeks that should know the Greek Alphabet better than that.

4. #TFJTuesday and #WhyAlphaXiWednesday are always in your recent hashtags on Insta.

When Tuesdays or Wednesdays strike, you feel the need to post a picture, because you actually have an excuse to and don't feel you're overdoing it.

5. Basically, you'll use any day of the week to post a picture showing your love for AXID and your sisters.

Because you have way too many pictures in your camera roll that you've been dying to show off, but didn't wanna break the two posts in one day rule.

6. Bid Day is basically better than Christmas.

Bid day gives emotions similar to seeing your food come to the table, receiving a little blue box under the Christmas tree, or even being given a litter of puppies. You remember how excited you were to get your bid and run to your chapter, and seeing new girls do it brings back the same amount of joy.

7. You're in love with spoiling new members as if they were your own children.

New members are always the cutest. New members are always so excited, and full of joy as well as passion, reminding you why you joined the organization in the first place.

8. When you finally get your big revealed to you, it's equally emotional to seeing your groom on your wedding day.

Getting my big sister revealed to me was by far my favorite part of my new member process. I looked up to everything about her and never had a sister, so getting her was practically the same thing. Going through college is hard, but having a big sister makes it a little more bearable.

9. You feel as if having a little(s) is your preparation for children.

You channel your inner mom when you find a little(s) that makes you want to get your sh*t together. You actually have someone that looks up to you, and that's pretty freaking cool, even when you're fighting like cats and dogs. You want to protect them, because you actually see them as your little sister, or sometimes even your child.

10. Your costume-making game is too strong.

From having so many social events, you have acquired the ability to whip up a costume out of almost anything in your closet, because who doesn't want to save money and have fun while doing it?

11. You're extremely passionate about the philanthropy.

Even though you love to help all kinds of causes, your heart has a special place for people of the Spectrum of Autism. Any event done with your sisters to support such an important cause reminds you at the end of the day that you're making a difference.

12. At the end of the day, your sisters will always be in your heart.

Let's face it, we're girls. By default, we are most likely not all going to like each other 100 percent of the time, but we still have love for each other no matter what, because the bond of Alpha Xi is too strong to be broken.

Love and TFJ.