What To Do When You're Sick In College

What To Do When You're Sick In College

The dreaded nightmare of being sick without our parents.

10
What To Do When You're Sick In College
123RF

It happens to the best of us. In college especially, you’re bound to get sick. You’re living in tight quarters with others, sharing a living space and most likely a bathroom, and you’re bound to share germs. However, being sick in college doesn’t have to be a kiss of death. There’s a lot you can actually get done when this happens.

1. Your homework. I know, when all your friends go out and you’re on your deathbed doing your homework might sound like the most depressing option available. However, if you can knock out all your work and long term assignments in one weekend stuck in bed, you’ll thank yourself when you’re feeling better.
  2. Catch up on TV. Even though you probably already do this, being sick is the perfect time to do so guilt free, without feeling like there’s anything else you could be missing out on.
  3. Call your parents. I can guarantee they’ll be happy to hear from you. However, if you have a crazy Jewish mother like I do you might just want to downplay your illness - for everybody’s sake.
  4. And catch up with your high school friends. Somebody’s bound to have a spare hour to talk, right?
  5. Go to the health center. Although this may seem like an obvious option, college kids are lazy. And while it’s much easier to lay in bed and feel sorry for yourself, the health center can usually get you up and going much sooner if you stop by.
  6. Nap, nap, nap. This is the absolute perfect time to catch up on sleep. Not only are you probably tired simply from being a student, but your body will thank you as well.

Even though nobody, wants to be sick in college, it’s going to happen. Therefore, you might as well make the most of your time and get things done.