Show You Care

Show You Care

If you have the power to make someone happy, do it

48
Show You Care

It's only human nature to be a little bit selfish sometimes. A lot of the time, we may be caught up in our own drama and not pay attention to what's going on in the world around us. We might be too focused on our own personal issues, like a failing grade or getting rejected by that boy or girl, before even realizing how bad someone else could be hurting. We might be too busy lounging around that we don't even try to get involved and help others. It's really unfortunate when it takes a serious life crisis for people to finally reach out. Maybe if we would reach out sooner, we could stop such events from spiraling to such a low point. We shouldn't wait until times are hard to show others we're here and that we care. We should always keep others feelings and emotions in our thoughts, whether we know or like the person or not.

You never know what someone is going through or has gone through. You don't know what a person's struggles, emotions and thought process are; therefore, you should treat each person respectfully. You shouldn't wait until you know someone is going through something traumatic or difficult before you reach out to someone to show you care. There are little things you can do to be more caring all of the time and not just when you feel it is necessary.

Start by accepting everyone. Accept each person you meet for who they are. Stay free from judgement. Not every person is the same and that's great. Don't judge others for opposing views or their sense of style. We are who we are.

Tell each person that is important to you how much you appreciate them. This is something we often neglect doing. We often take the people we have in our lives for granted and fail to tell them how important they are in our lives. Let them know whether it be simply in words, or buying them a little gift because you knew they'd love it. Just make sure they know, because you never know when it might be too late.

Help each person when they need help. Whether it's a serious crisis, or even just minor issue, try to be a help in any way you know how. While independence is important, we all need someone to lean on every once in awhile. Be that person others can lean on. Be that person with a shoulder to cry on.

Listen to others. Listen to them rant about how awful their day was, listen to them cry about how mean that girl is, listen to them brag about how great their vacation had been. We don't know what goes through another person's mind, but this is as close as we can get to understanding. Genuinely listening to what someone has to say shows that you care. Everyone in this world wants to be heard and wants to be acknowledged. Do your best to actually listen to each person you speak to. The more you are there for other people, the more you can expect people to be there for you.

Don't just wait until someone needs you to be there. Instead, always be there, in some way, for each and every person you meet.