A Shoutout To The Uptown Felipe's

A Shoutout To The Uptown Felipe's

Everyone's favorite place to get a quesadilla.

17
A Shoutout To The Uptown Felipe's
Pgoto by @stephen.nutting via Instagram

Nothing sounds better to me than a quesadilla and a Barq's—that's why Felipe's is one of my favorite restaurants in New Orleans. There are many locations in the greater New Orleans area, but the Uptown location will forever be number one in my heart. You will never not see someone you know at Felipe's. (And why is that? Oh yeah, it's becasue it's everyone's favorite.) Not only is it walking distance from my house, it's also walking distance from Loyola and Tulane's campuses - the perfect location. Felipe's is always the answer when you and your friends can't decide on a restaurant.

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F10%2F24%2F6361292266142250321133602175_giphy-1.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=684&h=3c1d6f5a891fd6d825cff8281b3e6eb66a8b6b186774536a932302f078738467&size=980x&c=3822309336 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F10%252F24%252F6361292266142250321133602175_giphy-1.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D684%26h%3D3c1d6f5a891fd6d825cff8281b3e6eb66a8b6b186774536a932302f078738467%26size%3D980x%26c%3D3822309336%22%7D" expand=1]

Felipe's is a Mexican style restaurant where you walk down the line staring and choosing whatever decadent made from scratch food items you could ever wish for. Moe's and Chipotle have nothing on Felipe's. Felipe's has everything your heart could desire: quesadillas, taco salads, burritos, and a bar. The queso is out of this world. (And don't forget... they have the good ice!) Not to mention it's quick and reasonably priced. (And for all you Tulane people, they do in fact accept your NOLA Bucks! #blessed) They have out of this world drink specials... $4 margs on Wednesday and from 4-7 on Friday and $1 draft beer on Thursdays. Felipe's is also open late - around 10 or 11 depending on the day -perfect for a late night snack... or a second dinner. Felipe's will always be my go to and I just wanted to thank you, Felipe's, just for existing. Keep up the great work!

Oh, and hey, next time you pick up your Felipe's to go, head to the Circle K and grab yourself a Coke Icee, you won't de disappointed.