Shout Out To Our Furry Friends

Shout Out To Our Furry Friends

The Paw-sitive affects a pet can have on you.

12
Shout Out To Our Furry Friends
PC: Tekia Cox

Pets become one of the family. They are great companions, reduce stress, keep us on a schedule, get us outside, and can also be entertaining. No matter the critter, the size or the type, all pets bring light into their owners life. Animals take a lot of work, but the joy they bring is well worth it.

1.) Pets Are Great Companions.

Pets can enhance your mood. They give us unconditional love, and expect nothing in return. Animals do not judge or react to someone who is different. They decrease feelings of loneliness, isolation, and depression. Pets offer a sense of security.

Maximus, Owner Thomas C.

"Max makes my life better because he is adorable and fluffy, and is a great at cuddling. He has a great personality, and never allows you to be bored."

2.) Pets Reduce Stress.

Studies show that interactions with animals, specifically therapy animals, can reduce stress in humans. The act of petting your cat or dog may be noticeably enjoyable for them, but this can also relax you.

Zinnia, Owner Tekia C.

"Zinny is full of personality. She loves to cuddle and play. She has been an absolute wonderful companion, and a great addition to my life."

3.) Pets Keep Us On A Schedule.

People tend to sleep in late on the weekend, this is termed as "Social Jetlag." This can actually cause weight gain. Having pets that need to go to go outside early in the morning allow us to wake up early on the weekends, and skip this. Having our pet on a schedule keeps us on a schedule.

Copernicus, Owner Olivia F.

"When I'm crying, Copernicus licks away my tears (I like to think he's being cute but he really just likes the saltiness). He gets an F as a cuddle buddy, but it's okay because he is cute"

4.) Pets Give Us A Reason To Get Outside.

Not all pets have this capability, some would much rather stay inside where it is warm. But for those of us with a dog, we know how important it is to make sure your dog gets outside time. The walks we take our dogs, or if you're my boyfriend take your cat on, get us outside and active.

Lilly, Owner Eryn F.

"Lilly is a one in a million kind of dog. She was my sidekick, my walking buddy, and my best friend. When we added her to the family, it was like she was always there."

5.) Pets are entertaining.

Animals love to play, lick your face, and do silly things. Some, like my dog, will wrestle you if you ask her to and others like my cat is obsessive about having clean water and will paw at the water causing a mess until it is clean. Every pet is different, and like people all have their own personality.

Sophie, Owner Ashley C.

"I love Sophie because she makes my bad days better. She always greets me with excitement and lots of kisses. She loves to snuggle and be held 24/7. She can instantly put me in a good mood and she just all around makes my life better."

Pets are one of the family, they bring joy and laughter into our lives. Above are animals who have made a difference in their owners life, enhancing their mood and over all well being.