Why You Shouldn't Bring Your Children To Watch 'Sausage Party'

Please, don't scar your children.

252
YouTube

**There are spoilers below, please do not read any further if you don't wish to know any of the plot**

From the title of the movie, one should be able to figure out that this is not suitable for children. If the title isn't enough to sway you from taking children, maybe the name of one of the producers will: Seth Rogen. I wouldn't even recommend anyone under 21 going to watch it, or maybe it's just me. It takes an immense amount of tolerance for Seth's type of humor. Yeah, it started as a typical R rated movie with the profanity and wildly offensive humor, which wasn't a problem with me, but it quickly turned into a hard R.

There were some intense scenes that alluded to real life situations, like rape and murder early on in the film. The former was the most uncomfortable to watch for my friend and I; we both turned to each other with that "WTF" look on our faces. Actually, we probably had the "WTF" look during majority of the movie. The second most uncomfortable was the weird, explicit sex scenes near the end. I've never been more confused and horrified at food before. I will never again look at hot dogs, buns, bagels, etc, the same again. So if you want to go through that horror with your children and have to explain afterwards what those foods were doing to each other, go for it. Just know you're making the other adults in the theater uncomfortable by having your kids watch the movie with them, and yes, they are judging you.

Since school is coming up fast, your children that watched the movie are definitely gong to talk all about how you took them to watch "Sausage Party," cue more judgement from teachers and the parents that were told by their kids about it. Not only that, but everyone knows how children love to mimic lines they've heard. There's no telling which inappropriate line from the movie they'll be quoting from then on.

Another thing brought up early in the film is one of the main characters, a douche. If you want to explain what a douche is to the children you brought into the movie, go ahead. Just don't do it in the movie. It's already awkward enough that the other adults have to sit through your kids asking questions they shouldn't have even thought of, but they don't deserve hearing you explain what the character is or what he did to that poor juice box. You shouldn't have to explain what the human character is doing with the bath salts either. Really, you shouldn't have to explain anything in the movie, because children shouldn't be there in the first place. Drug use isn't a kid-friendly topic, just like the rest of the film.

R is not a hard enough rating for this movie. It's more like an X-rated film. Anyone bringing their children might risk traumatizing their kids for life. And that "It can't be worse than what they see/hear on late night TV" crap? Not a good excuse to bring your kids. Same goes for the "Well they won't know what's going on anyway," excuse. Just find a babysitter. Please.