How Buying Your Kids Nerf Guns Is Definitely A Good Decision

It really is, I promise.
592

Parents are always debating whether they should buy their kids toy guns or not. I am here to tell you the answer should always be yes for these very reasons.

1. If you don't buy them one now, they will just buy it later

I can attest to this rule. My mother was one of those parents who didn't want Nerf guns in the house because they were pretend guns and she didn't want us to feel like guns were okay. As soon as I was old enough to make my own decisions, aka me heading off to college, I started buying Nerf guns. One or two might have been enough for me as a child, but the void has grown over the years and now I have gone on a rampage and have almost fifteen Nerf guns in my collection and I still want to buy more. Save your kids and future kids from this nightmare and get them a dang Nerf gun.

2. Nerf guns are one of the safest things they can play with.

I don't say this because they are super safe. I say this because what I did to have fun ended up being more dangerous. I played with brooms, rakes, and garden hoes and acted like i was a ninja twirling his staff because I didn't have any other pretend weapons to play with. This alone was dangerous when I was by myself, but I indoctrinated my friends into joining me and telling them that this was okay and it was even cooler on the trampoline because you could jump and attack like real ninjas. The result was people being whacked in the heads the poles and one of the garden hoes ripping right through the trampoline, which did not make my father too happy. In the end, my parents would have saved more money buying me a Nerf gun than having to replace a trampoline.

3. It's family friendly fun.

My family was really close growing up and we did a lot of things together and I wouldn't have changed any of it except for maybe adding an all-out Nerf war. The Nerf wars that I have had with my friends now have been some of the best times of my life. Imagine how a memory like that could be for your kid growing up. Remembering having an all-out Nerf war with his family where he shot his Dad in his butt like five times and didn't even get into trouble. That's why I'm planning to make Nerf guns a norm in my home, because I know it can be a unique bonding experience with family.

So, feel free to run your household however you want, I'm just warning you that Nerf guns are eventually gonna happen so you might as well make it now. Make the most of it with your child so you can make happy memories and so they don't end up with a whole entire Nerf arsenal like me.