Photography On Odyssey: The Excitement Of A New Camera

When you are obsessed with the "New-New" so you take pictures of everything around you.

228
Ashleigh Petrino

When you are obsessed with the "New-New" so you take pictures of everything around you, in this case it happens to be Ponce City Market. Enjoy!

1. Simple, yet... slightly cooked.

The first picture of the day doesn't always turn out as planned. A friend and I went to Ponce City Market in Atlanta to do a photoshoot and just take a whole bunch of pictures of "stuff" and each other- as you will see in the following pictures. But this flag has been washed of it's vibrancy from hanging in front of this window for so long, but the sunlight coming through the window adds a beautiful and transparent affect to the flag- so I decided to capture it- maybe it could be used as a cool phone wallpaper.

2. A small sign of summer, brought to you from Ponce.

This lily caught my eye on an odd day this past week. The weather was bipolar here, typical Georgia, but I noticed it after a storm had just blown over- in the midst of a photoshoot in the park across the street from the Market- and the sun was shining brighter than ever... after walking past that same spot only minutes before, not noticing a thing. Lily's are typically known for their dramatic and bold appearance, but mean to be a sign of purity, youth, beauty, and prosperity. This picture not only just turned to be amazing in quality, despite the hurry I was in to follow my friend back inside, but it also captured the brightness of the bloom without the use of a filter or any editing needed- and that is the concept of its pure beauty.

3. A tiny pop of color.

Yes, another flower, sorry not sorry :) BUT this little bloom from the park across the street from Ponce (I guess ATL just makes everything better) has a big meaning. Black-eyed Susans are made to symbolize encouragement and motivation! I found this flower, along with a few more, growing in a spot my mom had just finished planting in. I was going through a rough patch in life, but the bright, happy yellow eased my thoughts and I found enjoyment and peace within these beautiful and simple little flowers. This exemplifies the "encouragement" behind them, as they have the ability to bring happiness and joy just by looking at them.

4. Something to LOVE about Atlanta... THE FASHION!!!

While shopping in Ponce City Market, you might shed a tear every once in a while when you fall in love with a shirt or a dress and realize afterward that the price is WAY more than you'd want to spend... BUT at least everything there is aesthetically pleasing- so it makes for amazing pictures. My camera still continues to surprise me with what it is capable of, which is why I love this picture so much. The focus is unbelievable and the picture itself just came out absolutely gorgeous.

5. You get a candle, you get a candle, EVERYBODY gets a candle!!!

Another thing to love about Ponce City Market... an ENDLESS supply of all the candles you could think of. You could easily make a day of just candle sniffing...although that'd be slightly odd. BUT who doesn't love candles?? They are the perfect present for ANY occasion, and just fun to buy to treat yourself every now and then. This picture is an absolute favorite for the colors it consists of- the bright gold and the rich greens. These show a contrast, just to make each other stand out and compliment each other nicely.

6. More candles from Ponce.

Anthropologie has amazing clothing and interior items, no doubt... but their CANDLES are absolutely WONDERFUL. You know how they say 'never judge a book by it's cover'? Well, there's no need for judging here, because their candles are ALL beautiful and they ALL smell SO good!! These candle jars were especially photogenic, but the picture doesn't completely show how cool these looked with the shiny copper lid and the iridescent body.

7. And of course... the plants' area of Citizen Supply in, surprise surprise, Ponce City Market.

Let's be real... who doesn't love plants?? Looking at this peaceful picture, honestly, just makes me want to blow my money buying as many succulents and hanging plants as I can at Lowe's... Unhealthy obsession? Not really. Plants represent tranquility, peace of mind, and, obviously, growth... so who wouldn't want a bunch of these little living things around you?? Plus, Citizen Supply makes everything look THAT much more appealing, so you feel obligated to buy just about everything in the store already.

8. Hey, batter batter...

Although not taken on my camera, I felt like this needed to be covered. In the food hall at Ponce, there is an EDIBLE COOKIE DOUGH place called Batter. Yes, EDIBLE cookie dough- that is basically served like ice cream and includes different flavors as well as toppings. This should definitely be a go-to spot for anyone who goes to / will be going to this place any time soon. Personally, I 10/10 recommend... and so does my friend that I'm with here in this picture :)

9. An approach you may not see too often.

Hey y'all, this is me. You might not see "personal" pictures like this on the regular, but Ponce City Market, as exemplified here, is a wonderful place for taking those mini photoshoots with your best friends, and even senior pictures. I just graduated from high school and I took some of my senior pictures here with my friend using my camera, and they all turned out absolutely amazing!! From good food, beautiful flowers and parks, and fashion forward appeal (and let's not forget CANDLES), Ponce City Market is an overall pleasing place in all aspects possible... as if this wasn't said enough :)