A Short Open Letter to my Foster Parents

You might as well have been my real parents.

50
Kids Thrive

There isn’t much to say really. There’s so much to say, so much to thank you for, I don’t know if I can put it into a single article, but I surely will try. You took me in when my own didn’t want to. You fed me, made sure I had clothes and even helped me finish school and prepare for college. You showed me how to do simple things even if they may not stick with me so well now (I’m sorry, I’m horrible at budgeting). You continued to take me to church to practice my own faith and never once tried to take me from it. You accepted me as myself and treated me as your own even though you only knew me briefly. You took me on your family trips and made sure that I felt not only welcomed- but wanted. You showed me in just 6 months what it means to have a family. You went above and beyond to make sure I was happy, just like your own. When I was down in the dumps you let me talk to me and gave me good advice, even if I didn’t like it at the time. You excelled at not only being foster parents but at opening your heart, home, time and even sometimes your wallet to make sure I had what I needed. I will spend the rest of my life thanking you for what you did for only a short part of my life. I love you both and I’m eternally grateful for everything you’ve done.