A Short Letter To My Favorite Actor

A Short Letter To My Favorite Actor

John Hurt has passed away at 77.

1519
A Short Letter To My Favorite Actor
MediaMass

Most people my age knew you as Ollivander on Diagon Alley. Many know you as The Great Dragon/Narrator (BBC Merlin), Chancellor Adam Sutler (V for Vendetta), Professor Boom (Hellboy), and The War Doctor (Doctor Who).

Legendary actor, over six decades of amazing work. From Z Cars (1962) to Darkest Hour (filming in progress), you were in every amazing movie. Bringing a new personality to life all the time, almost never repeating.

On January 27, we had to say goodbye to an amazing actor, Sir John Hurt (1940-2017). Everyone had probably seen a movie with him in it, even if they don't know he was there. Hurt played Ollivander in Harry Potter, he played Gilliam in Snowpiercer, S.R. Hadden in Contact, a movie I've only just seen myself, and Kane in Alien.

Unfortunately, Hurt lost a long battle of pancreatic cancer this year. 2017 has taken a lot of people too. Here we thought it was 2016 that was supposed to steal all the great people of our world.

You had a great life, and you'll be remembered for a long time. I'd be surprised if anyone ever forgot who Harry Potter got his first wand from.

Ollivander may have been the first time I saw you, but since then you've been in the majority of all my other favorite movies as well, Sir Hurt.

You were Adam Sutler, chancellor of England, hater of Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture due to the domestic terrorist, or as I call the revolutionist, V.

A horrible choice with no good outcome, you had to make during the Last Time War in the 50th anniversary episode of Doctor Who as the War Doctor, or Doctor X to come.

You tried to fight Big Brother, only to be brutally betrayed and eventually conformed, as Winston Smith in 1984.

You succeeded in starting a revolution on your forever train in Snowpiercer.

The Great Dragon helped Merlin realize his destiny in BBC Merlin.

S.R. Hadden, mysterious billionaire who lives and died in the sky in Contact.

Honestly, you're one of the best actors. All of your characters, however significant to the plot, have depth and meaning because you say they do. You were a remarkable actor who could manipulate the idea of any personality in a way no one else can.

There is a bright side to every dark time, however; as now you no longer have to suffer Trump and his policies that will no doubt continue to hurt more than just America.