I have been short my entire life. My whole family is short. I used to long to be as tall as all of my friends. Now I embrace my shortness. Does it get annoying at times when people are constantly pointing out my height to me? Absolutely, but I have learned to laugh it off through the years. Here are 10 annoying, yet truthful problems all girls under 5'3 can probably relate to:
1. Your feet never touch the ground when sitting in a chair.
2. Flare jeans are a no go.
Anytime you do try to pull off flare jeans, you have to get them hemmed.
3. And neither are high waisted pants.
Don't do it. Just don't.
4. You have to walk twice as fast to keep up with your tall friends.
5. The steering wheel is basically sitting in your lap while you are driving.
6. Knee high boots are not a thing for you.
If you are under 5'3, "knee" high boots are more like "middle of your calf" high boots.
7. You are always have to ask for assistance to reach something on a high self.
8. You look like you are wearing a shower curtain anytime you try to pull off a jumpsuit or maxi dress.
Not a good look.
9. You get a little exercise anytime you cook because you are constantly climbing up and down the counters to reach something.
Are you cooking or just playing ninja?
10. You will have to deal with people always pointing out your height for the rest of your life.
You are totally fine with that, because you already know that you are short and cute.