10 Underrated Perks Of Being 5'3" Or Under

Because being average is overrated.
797

There are so many times where I've wished I was just an inch or two taller, but then I remember that there are some serious perks to being so short and all us shorties should really appreciate what we have going for us!

1. All the leg room

Long airplane rides and long road trips in the back seat aren’t nearly as bad for those of us who need minimal leg room anyway.

2. Squeezing through crowds is your specialty

If weaving through a crowded room was an Olympic sport, us shorties would take the cake.

3. You can save cash on kids clothes and shoes

Nothing is more satisfying than being able to fit into kid sizes that are the same thing as the adult size just $10 less.

4. You instantly look younger

Yeah maybe getting mistaken for 12 at 19 isn’t awesome but soon we’re gonna need some of those extra years back.

5. You’re not limited to tall people for aesthetic purposes of dating

There is no rule that says guys have to be taller than girls, but for those who just prefer to date guys or gals that are taller being short is a bonus.

6. You can make due with any small blanket

The ability to use a large beach towel as a blanket and take a nice nap always comes in handy.

7. Results show up quickly when you start hitting the gym

On a smaller frame losing/gaining weight or muscle is much more obvious than on other people. Though you can see when we start packing on the pounds, you can also see when we’re getting in shape.

8. Every shower head is like a lovely waterfall over your head

People pay big money to install luxurious waterfall shower heads but when you’re short enough, any shower head is pretty much a waterfall for you.

9. Always having a shoulder to lean on

Literally, your head is at most people’s shoulders so it’s like a built-in pillow when you need it.

10. You get to surprise people with your strength

People generally underestimate smaller, shorter people but we’re the same people who get strong to compensate for our size.