​A Shopaholics Guide To Black Friday

​A Shopaholics Guide To Black Friday

Spend that cash, girl. You've earned it.

13
​A Shopaholics Guide To Black Friday
Wordpress

It’s that time of the year again—that special few days after Thanksgiving where those who take shopping as seriously as Thanksgiving indulge in the whirlwind of deals, sales, and discounts that we shamelessly wait for all year. It seems that with every holiday season, the deals get sweeter, our shopping lists get longer, and the whole charade becomes so ridiculously overwhelming. Some of us may have to dreadfully work in retail the weekend after Thanksgiving, some begin shopping as soon as we’ve had our second plate of dessert, and some take to social media to insult the pathetic consumerism of it all. But, whether we’re in front of the register or behind it, we’re all a part of this circus that grows more and more exhilarating with each November that passes by.

The best way to approach Black Friday is to plan, plan, and plan some more. If you’re choosing to hit a shopping mall, make a list of the all the stores that tickle your fancy, and most importantly, pay attention to what time each one opens. A successful Black Friday haul begins with a solid game plan of where you are going and when you are going there. Another crucial task to complete before hitting the stores is knowing exactlywhat you’re looking for—down to the color, or else you’ll end up with a bunch of unnecessary impulse buys (I still haven’t forgiven myself for the sequined bra I was convinced I needed just because it was 40% off). Most of the time, items will be the same price they usually are, but we’ll all be so hyped up on the idea of a better deal that it will likely go unnoticed if you don’t do your research beforehand.

Knowing what you need and where to find it is crucial for making it in and out a store with the least amount of roadblocks possible. There is absolutely no shame in spending countless hours shopping, but if some of those hours can be stress-free, your shopping experience will make your entire sleep schedule being thrown off for a few days completely worth it.

Some people prefer Cyber Monday, which is the less complicated alternative to spending hours in line—and is also something that can be done from the comfort of your own bed. As painless as the online deals are however, shopping for clothes and shoes can be problematic when there is no way to try something on for fit. When participating in Cyber Monday, it’s smartest to stick with items like accessories and home décor, where a picture is all you need to fall in love.

Whether you plan on staying up all night to hit the racks or copying down coupon codes to shop online, the experiences of Black Friday and Cyber Monday should be the greatest shopping experiences of the whole year. Plan ahead, spend accordingly, and drink enough espresso to shove a bitch, if need be.