Why I Shop Online And You Should Too

Why I Shop Online And You Should Too

A survival guide for shopping on Black Friday and other crazy times of the year.

18
Why I Shop Online And You Should Too
YouTube

It’s that time of year again. Everything goes on sale for Black Friday. It’s a mad dash to get that flat-screen TV or new camera. There’s insane deals on electronics, clothes, shoes, and even pet supplies. The malls are crowded, people fight over the last item, and the traffic is a nightmare. I used to avoid shopping on Black Friday because of the people. Now, thanks to the great deals I get on the internet, I shop Black Friday online! When it comes to surviving Black Friday shopping, it is important to do it online. The deals are better, there’s less hassle (try none), and there are no rude people. It’s just you, in your pajamas, drinking a cup of coffee while shopping for your loved ones (and yourself).

It’s important to scout out what’s out there ahead of time. Websites like Amazon begin their cyber deals the Monday before Thanksgiving and keep them until Cyber Monday, the Monday after Thanksgiving. I did a good chunk of my Christmas shopping online this year, thanks to the fantastic deals I was able to secure. A fabulous site called ThriftBooks had a 20% code to apply at checkout when purchasing three or more books. Coming from a family of readers, this website is a lifesaver. The books are roughly $3.50 and when you spend $10 or more you receive free shipping. On Amazon, I was able to order the new Fire tablet for $33.33, when it is normally $69. With an Amazon Prime account, I was also able to get free two-day shipping. All the electronic devices, including the e-readers, were marked down. Hot Topic’s website had all t-shirts marked at $10. Francesca’s entire website was 30% off. Barnes and Noble sent 30% off coupons to their members to use online or in the store.

Once you have found the items that you want to purchase, check to see if there are any coupons that can be added. This will save you even more money. I use the extension, Honey, whenever I shop online. Honey is a free extension that can be added to any browser. At check-out, Honey automatically runs through a series of codes to see if there are any discounts that can be applied to the order. I have saved a lot of money using it.

After you have completed your shopping, just sit back and relax. You have finished your Black Friday shopping in record timing, since you didn’t have to wait in any lines or fight over that shirt game that you really wanted to get your sister. You have the whole day ahead of you to enjoy. Your items will arrive in the mail in no time!

These tips can be applied to any shopping season, whether it’s Black Friday, the day after Christmas, or back to school. It’s important to look for the best deals and remain as stress-free as possible.