Shoot Your Shot Or Keep On Waiting?

Shoot Your Shot Or Keep On Waiting?

“Love is like a virus. It can happen to anybody at any time.” - Maya Angelou

1272
Shoot Your Shot Or Keep On Waiting?

Nowadays, dating is very complicated. Most people experience disappointment or frustration in dating and relationships because of the huge discrepancy between what they want and what they get. They go out on a date expecting it to be perfect. They want someone who will answer to all their wishes and desires. However, in today's society its hard to find people who are willing to have a relationship. Some people want an all-exclusive relationship meanwhile the others don’t. No one has it any easier. But as women, should we wait for the right one or shoot our shot?

It all depends on you.

Some people want to keep on waiting for the right one to come. They love the idea of waiting for the right one to ask them out and knowing that they reciprocate the same feelings. There is nothing wrong with waiting and don’t let society pressure you on your decision on waiting. However, the waiting game can be frustrating. All I can say is to not give your hopes up because the right one will come.

But to all my girls out there, if you are tired of waiting: Shoot Your Shot!

Traditional courtship norms and societal expectations that women should wait for guys to come to them. Thus, making it difficult for women to ask a guy out in the first place. Not many women feel empowered enough because they don’t want to be seen as desperate. You know what kind of women you would be if you shoot your shot? The women who is claiming her destiny. The confident and brave one. The one in charge of her life. The women who doesn’t let fear hold her back. There are guys out there who will be completely flattered by a woman who is confident enough to approach him and openly show interest in him.

When you shoot your shot, the ball is in your court, that is the best part. And you decide if it’s going to be a layup, a 3-pointer, or a slam dunk!

If you don’t shoot your shot, someone else will. Don't beat around the bush. Don't play with your words. Be direct in your approach. Let them know loud and clear that you put on your best sneakers, ran some drills, did a couple of layups and are ready for the game. Let them know exactly how you feel about them. You might even find out that they were interested too but too afraid to make a move.

Shooting your shot may or may not work. If you are rejected, it’s not the end of the world. Play it cool and never ever think that just because one person doesn’t like you like that, that you’re of any less value. Don’t change for someone else. Don’t chase what’s not looking to be found or you’ll be running forever. It’s their loss anyway! You did what you found best for you and if they didn’t appreciate it, girl it’s time to move on and find someone who is worth it.

At the end of the day, it depends on what you want. There is nothing wrong with waiting for the right one to come. Just remember that the right one you were waiting for two years ago might not the be one want in three years. If you're shooting your shot, remember that it has to be a realistic one. Don’t shoot your shot if you know that it will end up hurting you or if you barely know the person.

Do what makes you feel a happy, strong, and confident woman!