She's Not 'WifeLong'

She's Not 'WifeLong'

Are you just a temporary girlfriend, satisfying the worldly needs or are you a girl that is LifeLong WifeLong?

17
She's Not 'WifeLong'
Gospel Crusader

Do you ever sit and wonder when you are going to find the man you will marry forever, but it seems that you can’t even find a guy to hold a relationship with? A friend and I were discussing how at this age we aren’t what guys are looking for. They are just willing to settle with temporary girls that are OK with drinking and partying, but not serving the Lord.

That obviously isn’t the girl they want to be with forever, but more of a temporary girlfriend.

Someone might say they are Christian, but aren’t walking holy and righteous unto God. Someone that doesn’t hold them to a high standard, someone that can tolerate their morals they have for themselves or someone that is okay with sleeping around. But we all know this isn’t who they want to be with forever.

She’s not the girl they have dreamed about or he’s not the guy you will ever marry. You know the Lord has something better for you. They aren’t the best you could have.

In the future, they see themselves with a Godly girl that has morals for herself, that doesn’t have to wear a bikini-like outfit to get attention, but looks stunning in modest clothing. Someone who strives to build a relationship with the Father first, then to their boyfriend. However, it goes the same way for both genders. We see this happening all around us. We question, why are they getting married? Why are they just settling? Some of us know that God has big plans and if you wait, honor, and obey the Lord he will bring the perfect one at the perfect time. When we try to do things on our own we end up in hurt, pain and heart break.

It’s hilarious to me when a guy tells me that I’m a great girl and they know the Lord has big plans for my life, but is afraid to take it a step further.

Why?

They aren’t ready to be with someone who is lifelong or "wifelong."

They are OK with the girls that can be a girlfriend temporarily. You know how we know this? Because, it seems like a guy you talk to for a period of time completely backs off because they know you have a high standard for yourself.

High morals. If you don’t have this, then you will fall and end up with a broken heart every time. These guys will tell me that they love that I don’t cuss, smoke or drink. However, some of these guys do exact opposite of what they tell me they love about me. I sit and wonder if you like this about me, but yet you’re doing the exact opposite, what is there for me to love about you? You say you love God and want to live a better lifestyle, but yet can’t seem to give up the worldly lifestyle that is a temporary fulfillment to you. You know it’s wrong, but somehow end up making it such a common behavior. When you are around that environment it will slowly start to change you, you see it all around you at colleges. Everybody claims to be a Christian and loves God, but you'll hear and see behaviors such as cussing, drinking, smoking and doing drugs. Yes, I know everyone makes mistakes and you can ask for forgiveness. But if you’re asking for forgiveness and then continuing to sin afterwards, you will never change. Repent means to change or to turn around not to keep on with what you are doing.

Our generation needs to take a step up from this immature lifestyle and grow up. Divorce numbers are rising to the roof. Families are being separated. Children are being born out of wedlock. Single parents are having to play both roles. Families aren’t being raised in the church. This is all because of the lifestyle some choose to live. If you don't repent or change, then you will carry your past into your future. We need to be seeking the Lord and letting him lead and guide us.

We need to get back.

Get back to the way it should be.

The way God meant for it.

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." -- Matthew 6:33

Seek God first and all things will be given unto you. Stop searching and trying to make relationships work that you know shouldn’t.

You and your significant other should strive for your relationship to be God-centered, because if God’s not in the middle of your life, then the enemy is. And all the enemy wants to do is steal, kill and destroy.

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." -- John 10:10

We see divorce numbers rising and all of the things I mentioned previously taking place all around us. We aren’t doing what it says to do in the word of God by taking authority over the enemy; living with God centered in our life, in our marriages, in our relationships, in our homes and it’s causing chaos.

So, I challenge you be "wifelong" not just a girlfriend that will be temporary.