Men And Their Pride: The Downfall Of Numerous Relationships

6438

Here’s to all the women who are tired of men who can’t voice their emotions. Here's to saying goodbye to the man who wasted your time, thoughts, and words. There is no point in waiting for a man who can’t figure out how much he needs you and wants you; never let a man make you question your importance or self worth because of a man's inability to make you a priority.

It's a Thursday night, I'm sitting in the library, staring at my pink Lilly Pulitzer planner, listening to "Since U Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson - not my proudest moment. I’ve always believed that you don’t really know someone until you go through something difficult with them, and after conquering some personal hurdles with a man I cared about by my side; I never realized that it would be his own trials that would lead him to push me away. I think it's men and their pride; the fantasy of saving the fallen maiden appeases their egos and feeds that never-ending desire for control. It’s the minute they falter – the very thought of depending or even relying in the slightest on a woman that appears to be incomprehensible.

Men and their pride: the downfall of numerous relationships.You think that you're with this honest straightforward man, but then they show you that they're everything they promised not to be. You're in a situation where even when you take control, more than likely you won't be able to decide if you're angry or upset because nostalgia always gets the best of you. You struggle to put your feelings into thoughts because of that maternal nature in every woman to not let go of those faltering and struggling. Every project is fixable to you, but sometimes people don’t want your help fixing their mistakes.

So here are my words to those men who have disappointed women for multiple reasons: never believe that the woman you hold close to your heart won’t tire of it all. You words must match up to your actions and your actions must match up to your words. Don't be the man that calls and says “I miss you” once every two weeks. Don't be the man that only checks on her when you’re worried that she’s feeling rebellious or possibly replacing you. You can’t just assume that no other man will take notice of her while you make her stand on the sidelines because you say you need figure out your "actually not so complicated life." Don’t be that man who takes for granted a woman’s care and compassion because eventually it all fades when her tears are replaced with anger and resentment.