The Sassiest Moments From 'Sherlock' That Double As Your College Life
Pop Culture

13 Times The Sass Of BBC's 'Sherlock' Was All Too Relatable For College Students

"And honey, you should see me in a crown."

171

Sherlock Holmes, noun: The world's favorite consulting detective and master of sass.

Sherlock Holmes has been brought to life on the big screen many times over the years but is originally from the books written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. While many adaptations stick to the books' roots, the BBC placed "Sherlock" in modern-day London for a take that instantly made fans fall in love. Add in the fact that it stars Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman, with writer Mark Gatiss co-starring as Sherlock's brother, and you've basically accepted the notion that you're in for some serious sass. There's nothing college students appreciate more than well-placed sass and humor, and that's what makes this show so relatable to viewers.

1. When Sherlock didn't want to go to dinner because "There'll be people!"

Every. Single. Holiday. Dinner. Ever. Why would I want to answer the exact same questions 10 different times? Maybe I should just print note cards.

2. Some people just need to quit talking.

If this isn't me when working on anything involving numbers, I don't know what is.

3. Hiding from your problems may not be the best solution, but it is a quick one.

Naps, forts and blankets aren't questions. Naps, forts and blankets are answers.

4. The best nicknames for your friends come from other people.

Sherlock's "girlfriend" called him Cheryl to John, and John responded that that wasn't going away anytime soon. I think we've all gotten some weird nicknames we'd rather not have repeated.

5. "I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room."

This is basically any group project in which you feel like the only competent team member.

6. "Face the other way."

This is yet another reaction to group projects. If you aren't going to contribute something useful, please don't waste our valuable time. "Thank you for your input."

7. Career goals?

Do freshmen know what they're doing? Probably not. Do seniors know what they're doing? Maybe a little more so, but still probably not entirely.

8. Realizing those closest to you are crazy but still loving them all the same...

OK, Sherlock and Moriarty may not have exactly been "friends," but you get the idea. They still needed each other.

9. Trying to solve a life crisis?

Yeah, we don't talk about those.

10. Why would you let anyone tell you how to dress?

While Nike shorts and over-sized T-shirts may work for class, I'd highly recommend wearing more than just a sheet to Buckingham Palace. Or office hours. Or anywhere else for that matter.

11. Sometimes your friends request weird things, but you just roll with it.

"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext."

12. ALWAYS bring snacks.

*Sassily pulls chip bags practically out of thin air.*

13. *Wins a bet one time.*

"Honey, you should see me in a crown."

Now, I may be biased because this is my favorite show, but there have been a lot of times throughout the 13 episodes where I've been like "Okay, but that's basically me." Granted I am one of the sassiest people I know, and I have pretty much the same Myers-Briggs personality type as both the Holmes boys and Moriarty. How am I supposed to take that? I have no idea.