She Was Heart Broken

She Was Heart Broken

106
She Was Heart Broken

This is a slightly open letter to my friend who has had her heart broken. Although when I look at her, I know that there was no way she wouldn't feel the pain of being left one day. She is so beautiful and smart, kind and courageous. There was always the sense of perfection that radiated off of her being and made me question why anyone would want to let her go. I never wanted to receive a message on a random summer day about how "they" had broken things off. No one deserves to feel that kind of ache. Yet it happened to her and she came to me.

I personally don't know what this so-called heart break feels like. It is hard to relate to and console someone going through something that you have never experienced. I am one of those people who likes to chant about being single and independent always. Mainly just because finding a boyfriend is too much work and just being around to smell the roses and look at the clouds makes me just as happy as I need to be. So to my friend, the one who feels pain deep inside her chest cavity, let me boost your ego.

I will start by sharing love. Love that is different from what she had received from those people who looked at her as more than just a friend. The gift of a warm, fuzzy feeling when she's by someone that cares for her is what I hope to give. This is a love that is unconditional and will stay with her until death do us part.

I will share my ears since listening to her melodic voice brings a smile to my face even if it's about the person who has now become my sworn enemy. Broken hearts are no laughing matter especially when they affect a girl as important as she is. Talking about what has happened to her is one of the best ways that she can come to terms with the fact that things are over. It's okay to feel as if she is worthless even though she is far from it. I am there to hear every little detail because she just needed someone to vent to.

I will then share my own voice. Even though it is not as lovely as hers, I must tell her that she is not worthless. I will tell her that it's now or never to get back up and fight to become the strong and fearless woman who I always believed she was. I will scream softly about all that she is made of since stardust is spectacular and she deserves to shine brighter than before.

I know I am nothing like the significant other that she wishes to lay her head on or wrap her arms around. I am a little more than that. I do look for the sparkle in her eyes, a smile on her lips, and for her to carry herself with confidence. She is my friend and I know she is broken, but I will be there until all the little pieces are stuck back together.