She Said No

She Said No

Why didn't you stop?

115
She Said No
Huffington Post

She looked at you dead in the eye and said no. But you're persistent, you couldn't hear her when she said it, all you saw was her body, and how badly you wanted it. You kept telling her it would feel good, it would be okay, and that she'll like it. But she knew that this is the exact moment that was going to change her, forever; all you really cared about was you, and what you wanted, you were deaf to the words she was saying, and you were blind to the look in her eye pleading you to stop.

She got off you, asking if it could be over. But then you got on top, and went harder. You were oblivious to the fact that she didn't want it, at least I hope you were oblivious, because only a monster could register the feeling of terror they were causing a human and still continue. So I guess my question is, do you know that you're a monster, or do you just identify yourself as a rapist?

You took something from her, you took a piece of her that she'll never get back, you might've even killed her spirit, killed her in a lot of different ways, but again; you're oblivious.

She can't sleep at night, darkness consumes her, and when her eyes do close she sees you, you haunt her dreams, you haunt her days. She can't eat anymore, because every time she tries she feels sick to her stomach, and vomits anything she does swallow. She shakes every time some one bumps into her if anyone moves quickly towards her, and that's because of your agression.

You go on, living your life, eating your meals, sleeping comfortably in your bed. How lucky, because ironically you destroyed her world. Everything she once knew, everything she once loved, it has turned to darkness, and it turned to despair the second you decided to have sex with some one who repeatedly told you no.

Athlete, pastor's child, student, artist, outgoing, funny, boy, girl, friend, brother, sister; rapist. You will be remembered as a rapist. Not any other title. You took a human being and made them engage in sex, you took a human being and while they looked you in the eye and said no, you thought that was a yes. Which only really translates to one word, and it's not athlete or son, it's; monster, rapist, scum. You took a human being and you killed them, you changed their world, you changed them; forever, because you wanted to orgasm. Worth it?

Every year roughly 300,000 women are raped in the United States, 54% of those rapes are not reported. Bone chilling? One in five women will be raped in their lifetime, and one in four women are raped in the duration of their college experience. The percentage of rapists that are not incarcerated is a staggering 97%, where is our justice system? These facts are blood racing, but rapists claim it's because our skirts were too short, or that we were drunk.

Maybe, it's because you're a sick and dark human being, who gets off on sticking things where they don't belong. 50% of women in college are told their claims are false, or made up when reported. That's 50% of daughters, sisters, classmates. Let that sink in.

You raped her. You made her do something she didn't want to do. If it was your intention, or if you just didn't take her seriously when she said no, you raped her. You took something from her that she will never get back. You turned her into a new person. You are the reason for her nightmares, her depression, you are the reason for the consumption of pills that lead to an overdose, you are responsible for the gun that was put to her head, you are responsible for killing her. You are responsible for everything that happens to her after what you did, and what's the sickest part about the entire thing; is that you sleep like a baby at night knowing what you did.