Sharing The Gospel Of Jesus
Religion

Sharing The Gospel Should Be Our Priority

Sharing the Gospel is what all of us are called to do, so we need to be more open and willing to live out that calling.

301

Quite possibly the hardest part of being a Christian is actually sharing that with other people. I have always felt this was odd considering when I met Jesus, it was the best moment of my entire life. With that in mind, it would be simple to tell other people about that experience, right? Well, if you are a believer who has tried to witness to an unbeliever before, then you already know it is not as easy as it sounds.

I will be honest: I catch myself asking God to give me someone to witness to, but then when He does, I'm like, "Wait, like, can it be someone else? You know I can't witness to them. They won't be open to it. They are too far gone. They will get offended." Does that sound familiar to you?

I know one thing, I am thankful that Jesus didn't feel that way towards me. I am glad He pursued me relentlessly, and I know He will do the same for anyone else. We have to get out of this mindset that people are "too far gone." No one is too far gone; the worst of the worst is who Jesus died to save. Think about who you were before Christ, you were that person you are too afraid to witness to.

Some of us are not called to be worship leaders, not everyone is called to be a pastor, and maybe you aren't called to be a Christian blogger, but you ARE called to share the Gospel. None of us are exempt from that calling; Jesus commanded us all to teach the Gospel to ALL people (Mark 16:15, Matthew 28:19).

Because all Christians are supposed to share the Gospel is why I think it is so difficult sometimes. The enemy does not want us to follow Christ, he does not want others to be saved, and he does not want us telling the entire world of the hope of salvation. He will plant seeds of doubt and fear in your mind to hinder you in your attempts to share Jesus. This is why it is vital to push through and remind ourselves of those who preached the Gospel to us.

I am so thankful my parents, pastor, and church family did not let lies from the devil keep them from telling me about the Lord. Where would I be if they did? These people we walk past every day on campus need a Savior, and that Savior is Jesus. Have you ever thought that maybe just maybe God chose YOU to be the one to tell him about that Savior?

It is an honor for God to trust us with the responsibility of sharing His Gospel, and we should not take it lightly. What if all of us, sons and daughters of God, decided to take the Great Commission seriously and told everyone the Holy Spirit led us to speak to about Jesus? It would change the world, and I know that to be true because the Apostles did it in Acts.

The Gospel is the greatest story ever told, and I hope I can do a better job of telling it to everyone I possibly can, just like Jesus called me to do.