Sharing A Car With Siblings

Sharing A Car With Siblings

Pros and Cons

3236
Sharing A Car With Siblings
Auto Tribute

Passing your driver's test usually indicates that you will get a car. Sometimes. However, other times it means you will be sharing a car with siblings or with parents. And some times passing your test means nothing because you will not be getting or sharing a car. Sharing a car can be a pain in the butt, but it can also have its perks.

Con: You are sharing a car.

Sure you have a car, but you also share it. You have to divide the timings, the money for gas, etc. to make sure everyone gets their fair share of the car.

Pro: Split the gas money.

No matter how much or how far you drive, the amount of money spent of gas is divided equally. Meaning you can save up more of your money because you are using your sibling's!

Con #2: When you need the car it has no gas.

Whenever you hurry into the car because you are late for school or an appointment, you find the car with no gas. One time my brother left me with 12 miles of gas on the car, so the struggle is real.

Con: You sometimes get stranded without a car.

When sharing a car, you may find yourself stranded more than once. You may have driven your car to school and randomly find it missing because one of your siblings came and picked it up without letting you know. Get can get very frustrating.

Pro: But a ride is a phone call away.

When you have no car, pick up your phone and complain to your mom. I do it all the time and my mom will send one of my siblings to pick me up. Its like having your own personal Uber.

Con: Fighting over who gets the car when.

Scheduling more than one person's life around a car can be difficult and end in an argument. On a Monday, you may have soccer practice, while one of your siblings has Academic Club at the exact same time and you both want the car.

Pro: Saves the environment.

Sharing a car forces one of your siblings or you to car pool with a friend, thus helping the environment because there is one less car on the road.

Con: The car gets gross and smelly.

From smelly sports bags to greasy fast food trash, random stuff accumulates at rapid speed in a shared car.

Pro: Helps your skills of sharing and respecting people's needs.

Sharing a car helps people understand others needs, preparing people for college or any other time when sharing will be involved.

Con: You do not have the car but your stuff is in it.

People always leave stuff in their car, but the issue when you leave your stuff in a shared car is when you need it, you do not have the car.

Pro: You have a car.

In the end, you should be thankful that you even have a car because many people cannot afford one, so make sure you thank your parents.