"Shameless" Season 8 And What We've Seen So Far

St. Francis has come to make amends.
53

"Shameless" is a television show I started binge watching on Netflix less than two weeks ago. I immediately became addicted to it, and it just so happened to be the perfect time, as season eight is now airing. "Shameless" has done a good job every season of making enough problems for the characters to keep the audience entertained.

So let's talk about a couple of the highlights that closed out season seven. First, Monica died, and with that came grief; most of which was felt by Frank and Ian. Secondly, Fiona bought a laundromat, succeeded in making a profit and moved on to the greener pastures of apartment buildings. Lastly, after Monica died, the Gallaghers found out the she left them a very special inheritance -- seven pounds of meth.

Season eight is seven episodes in so far and I think my patience with Fiona is running thin. She claims to do everything she does for her family, but it has become evident that she's not being honest. Throughout the new season, her apartment building has become more and more important to her. She is fixing it up, increasing its value. While that's all well and good, she also did something not so admirable.

Ian started helping the kids from the homeless shelter and has been working with Trevor to find them a more permanent place to live. When they finally did find somewhere, the church, Fiona took it upon herself to accuse Ian of being the selfish one. The reason Fiona didn't want the kids staying in the church as a shelter was because it would lower the value of her apartment building. Not all about money, Fiona?

This sparks a whole feud between the two that seemed to have ended with the last episode. The way their feud ended also made it seem as though there may be something wrong with Ian besides the problems with Fiona.

Fiona isn't the only Gallagher who wants money however. With each of the family members being gifted a pound of meth from a deceased Monica, Carl is given the task of selling each bag. While the money is good, there is another problem the Gallagher's soon learn about. Someone else who knew about Monica's stash and wasn't so happy to find that it was "stolen." Suddenly, the Gallagher's find themselves in a graveyard, digging up Monica's corpse. Why? Oh yeah, Fiona hid a couple bags of Monica's generosity inside her casket.

Monica's casket ends up fittingly crashing to the ground with her body flying out of it. Monica, someone who wasn't loved when she was alive and on the show, but now the effects of her death and being felt. Frank seems to be finding his own way to cope, however.

Make amends, St. Francis. Frank has been making his way through this season trying to make up for all the bad things he has done in his life. Now we all know he'll probably die before he finishes this task but I have to say, I am enjoying his new personality. If anything, he is more comical now that he thinks he is a good person.

"Shameless" has high reliability so if you're ever feeling bored, head to Netflix and start back at season one with old pals like Jimmy-Steve, and all the drama of Sheila and Karen's household. "Shameless" airs on Sundays at 9/8 PM CT on Showtime.