The Two Shadows That Follow Me Around

The Two Shadows That Follow Me Around

They follow every single step I make.

316
The Two Shadows That Follow Me Around
Transcodes

Two shadows follow me in every move I make. They don't ever leave, but sometimes they subside. One tells me not to leave my room, but the other is rushing everything I have to do through my head. I can feel isolated from the world, but I'm never truly alone. I've been living with them for long I feel lost without them.

When the morning comes, one is telling me how good it will feel to stay home. The day hasn't started and I'm already scared. The other shadow is telling me every errand I have to run. It's like pots and pans banging in my ears, they don't stop. The only time I hear nothing is when I'm sound asleep, but then again sometimes I dream about them.

These shadows know me. All my fears and insecurities, they use them against me. I can't stop them, no matter what I do. There is so much I could fix about myself, but why try. One shadow wants me to do everything, but the other wants me to do everything.

One makes me numb, the other everything at once. I shouldn't be alone, but no one understands, I'm never alone. No matter how fast I run or how far I travel, they never leave, they won't ever leave. I can't control anything somedays and I try so hard to do so.

They have defined me, even if I wish they didn't. I'm not alone no matter how isolated I feel, ea I just want to be at peace, but they make me feel like its impossible.

Will I ever be able to free myself?