Brett Kavanaugh And His Sexual Assaults

We Shouldn't Have To Fight To Not Have A Sexual Assaulter As Our Supreme Court Justice

Brett Kavanaugh, The Supreme Court Justice Nominee, is facing two cases against him for sexual assault.

709
https://www.instagram.com/p/BoIHsgolVMO/?taken-by=womensmarch
by @brookesaias at Women's March

Brett Kavanaugh is our supreme court justice nominee. He was nominated by our president, Donald Trump. If you read the news or have any social media at all, you probably know a lot of people don't want Brett Kavanaugh in office.

With his confirmation hearing coming up, a big problem has emerged for Mr. Kavanaugh.

Brett Kavanaugh has faced many sexual allegations.

The first to come forward was Dr. Christine Ford. She came out first anonymously. She reached out to members of Congress to consider her allegation about an experience in high school where Kavanaugh attempted to rape her. The case goes into great detail about what happened.

The allegations were all over the news and on the internet.

Once Dr. Ford's allegations came out she got criticism from Republicans or fans of Kavanaugh's but also gained a lot of support from organizations such as Planned Parenthood. Ford's hearing against Kavanaugh is being held on Thursday, September 27th where she will be testifying. Ford's lawyers Debra Katz, Lisa J. Banks, and Michael R. Bromwich said "We committed to moving forward with an open hearing on Thursday, Sept 27 at 10:00 am. Despite actual threats to her safety and her life, Dr. Ford believes it is important for Senators to hear directly from her about the sexual assault committed against her." Brett Kavanaugh will not be in the room as requested by Christine Ford.

What is President Trump's involvement in this? Well obviously, the man whose favorite hobby is to tweet, tweeted his thoughts about Dr. Ford's allegations.

@realdonaldtrump Twitter

@realdonaldtrump Twitter

One specific Republican Senator spoke about her view on President Donald Trump's tweets. Susan Collins found the president's tweet questioning the credibility of Dr. Ford appalling. "I was appalled by the president's tweet. First of all, we know that allegations of sexual assault – I'm not saying that's what happened in this case – but we know allegations of sexual assault are one of the most unreported crimes that exist. So I thought that the president's tweet was completely inappropriate and wrong."

After the first allegation, came another. Deborah Ramirez gave the detailed story to "The New Yorker." Ramirez was a Yale classmate of Brett Kavanaugh's. This claim dates back to 1983-84 when he was a freshman. Deborah Ramirez said he exposed himself at a drunken dorm party and sexually assaulted her in the face with his genitals. She called the F.B.I. to investigate the incident. The F.B.I. is now investigating two sexual assault cases against the nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

ANOTHER allegation against Mr. Kavanugh surfaced this week on September 26th. Her name is Julie Swetnick and she has come forward with allegations of sexual misconduct about Brett Kavanaugh, the third victim in over a week. Swetnick's lawyer is the one taking speaking out to the public about this case. Michael Avenatti, the lawyer, said she was a “victim of one of these 'gang' or 'train' rapes where Mark Judge and Brett Kavanaugh were present" at a party in D.C. in approximately 1982.

Brett Kavanaugh has denied all allegations against him and vows not to withdraw.

The biggest concern from the Republicans about this incident is how this is going to affect the nomination. Senate Republicans soon after "The New Yorker" article was published have decided to issue renewed calls to accelerate the time of the committee vote.

The day I'm writing about is National Walkout to Support Dr. Christine Blasey Ford and Deborah Ramirez. At I P.M. thousands of survivors and allies across the country wore black and walked out of their workplace, homes, and classrooms. They hashtagged the moment with #BelieveSurvivors.

Screenshot of text messages sent to Kelli CollinsScreenshot by Kelli Collins

Females with a strong presence such as Reese Witherspoon, Brie Larson, Kerry Washington, Zoey Deutch, Kamala Harris, Jenny Slate, Tarana Burke, Eva Longoria, America Ferrera, and more all posted on social media wearing black and walking out. The Times Up and Me Too movement spoke out today, as well as the listed influencers, got involved influencing others everywhere. I myself posted a picture today, walked out, and had a moment of silence.

On September 24th, 2018 Actress Zoey Deutch Instagram storyInstagram story of @zoeydeutch

@reesewitherspoon on Instagram

A march was also held in Washington and other major cities today for this important day for survivors.

Brett Kavanaugh is not getting this job easily. With the confirmation hearings and now the sexual allegation hearings, he has a full plate. The Time's Up campaign tweeted "The Senate Judiciary Committee must suspend their confirmation process. Anyone who objects to a delay is discounting the safety and dignity of women in favor of a political agenda. We demand and deserve better."

@timesupnow on Twitter

People want Kavanaugh removed as a nominee before the confirmation. It'll be hard to find someone new if this happens because of the short deadline but honestly so worth it. We do not need ANOTHER sexual assaulter in office in Washington.

@mspackyetti on Twitter

WRITERS NOTE: The case was on Thursday, September 27th at 10:00 A.M. Eastern Time. The case was watched all over the internet including a live version on Snapchat. Dr. Christine Blasey Ford was quoted saying at her trial, "I am an independent person and I am no one's pawn. My motivation in coming forward was to provide the facts about how Mr. Kavanaugh actions have damaged my life so that you take that into serious consideration as you make your decision about how to proceed. It is not my responsibility to determine whether Mr. Kavanaugh deserves to sit on the Supreme Court. My responsibility is to tell the truth."

Brett Kavanaugh took the stand and denied every allegation against him saying all the people mentioned at the party were not there. He made his case about how much this allegation has destroyed his reputation and family's reputation. The court suggested for Kavanaugh to let the FBI investigate but Kavanaugh didn't not respond.

A decision after Thursday's hearing has been made that the FBI investigations will be made.