While The Season 2 Finale's Ending Of 'Sex Education' Left Me Both Angry And Frustrated, I Still Have Hope For Otis & Maeve

I binge-watched all 16 episodes in just a single weekend! ... Hey, I couldn't help myself: the show was that addictive for me, and that of course was because it was addictively funny...

24

I recently binge-watched both seasons of Netflix's hit British comedy-drama Sex Education, and boy do I have a lot to say about it, especially with the end of season two!

Last month, around a month since Netflix put up season two, I binge-watched all 16 episodes in just a single weekend! (That is, from last Friday night to very early Sunday morning.)

Hey, I couldn't help myself: the show was that addictive for me, and that of course was because it was addictively funny, and what I also really appreciate about it is that it has that nice blend of both comedy and drama, bringing a lot of serious real world issues, like Maeve's abortion, Eric's attack by homophobes, Amy's sexual assault… and the list could go on.

Anyway, let's get down to the finale of the second season. While I knew that Eric would end up choosing Adam over Rahim, though the latter really did try to form a true emotional connection with Eric but to no avail, we'll see if Adam would be true to his word and put his bullying days behind him in order to truly be with Eric for more than just physical attraction. That's my take on the Adam and Eric side of things.

Switching to Maeve, things for her may not be looking to be too bright right now, with turning her mom in for using drugs again and while she also has Maeve's young half-sister Elsie to care for, I know that with enough time, she'll know that she did the right thing, even if at the expense of her and her mother's recently healed relationship.

And Jean, good ol' Dr. Milburn, pregnant again! As it stands, she still hasn't told her son Otis or even her baby-daddy Jakob the news yet! Nevertheless, she will tell them – definitely to a very comedic effect – and how she and Otis patched things up in the finale upon her discovery of the sex clinic at Moor Dale High could very well be a lesson she will carry on for the next child…

Now, as for Headmaster – or should I say possibly former Headmaster – Groff: he should do us all a favor and never come back to Moor Dale High. Simple as that. Moving on!

Finally, the main thing I want to talk about was the last few minutes of it, concerning Otis and Maeve and the whole "Will They, or Won't They?" dynamic. Obviously, they will get together (hopefully as early as season three at this point), and how do I know? Well, I just know.

In fact, I wrote a shipping-based article just last month that was actually inspired by this very ship! And another fact of the matter is that I got into this show, mainly because of the Otis and Maeve ship edit videos on YouTube that were made because of this ship, and it was because of those videos that I kinda knew deep-down how it was gonna play out (at this point, that is).

Yet that didn't take away how angry I felt at Rat Bastard Isaac – that's my name for him now – for deleting Otis's voicemail message from Maeve's phone, the very message that had Otis finally profess his love to her, what she means to him, and how he really needs to work things out with her. And the really frustrating thing is that the show's crew originally filmed another ending to end the season on, and that was with Otis and Maeve of course going their separate ways but this time looking as though that they had just seen and talked to each other.

I know, right?! At least with this ending, it would've been more hopeful for the fans that ship them together, myself included. Still, with the ending we got, they will be friends again, slowly but surely, and then they'll be something more, as they both had always deep down wanted.

Whatever intentions Rat Bastard Isaac had, consequences will follow. And that has me hopeful.